Recycled Laminating film?

I have a customer asking about "Eco Friendly" laminating film. Specifically 10 mil. Any leads out there for US suppliers? I am currently running on 1" or 3" Core and looking for 13" or 18" Wide film. Thanks!

Last edited:
Greetings,

Apologies for the late reply, we just registered here. 10mil PET unfortunetely is not recyclable however if the substrate is paper-based, the whole end-product would be recyclable. The material recovery facilities can grind and shred laminated paper to recover pulp that can be recycled. The PET laminate goes to landfill alongside all the other additives the paper carries including ink, dye, coatings and films.

Nobelus does have a wood-pulp based laminate albeit is 1.4mil thick and cannot encapsulate like 10mil PET can. I'm happy to take a discussion offline if you'd like to discuss this more.

Regards,

Dragan - Nobelus

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back