Reference profile for transparency?

caveman

Hello people,

what would you recommend to use as a reference profile for proofing on transparency?
My case involves a pre-press company (with the majority of it's work coming from the packaging industry), SPWT7900 and EFI CPXF 4.1
I have created in the past a profile from an AQ4 print (of course on transparency, measured with a paper for backing which is not by the book, I know) which is commonly used for proofing purposes in the packaging market (still, at least in Greece) and I'm thinking of using it. ECI provides profiles for gravure but only for paper.
Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

I would suggest you fingerprint the press if you want to produce a good match from proof to print. Unless the printer(s) are printing to a specific standard...in which case, there you go. But seems you have already looked for relevant profile standards.

In the absence of a standard, Fingerprinting is worth your while as you will also be able to pick up valuable info such as white ink density, how colours interact when printing on various substrates (which I am sure the Gravure Printer(s) are using) and how presses differ.

when you say transparency, i assume you are refering to opaque paper....
for those, look into barbieri solutions. or probably use the spectro-densitometer to measure opaque's print

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back