Replacement Heidelberg Superblue Jackets

NGA

We are considering doing away with our original superblue jackets on our sm74 and having heidelberg retrofit the newer style transfer jackets that are very similar to a back cylinder jackets on a long perfector. Does anyone have any experience with these. I've got the shits of the superblues.

Last edited:
The only thing I would recommend is to make sure you under pack the transfer sleeves. It will prevent them from getting damaged. On our SM 52 they cost about 600 dollars each but after we under packed them we have been using the same set for about 2 years without any problems. The only thing you need to do is clean them every night. We use MRC and water and it takes only about 10 minutes to clean our five units.

a much more affordable option would be to first try out the orange jackets. I know that pacesetter sells the orange jackets here in the U.S. i feel your pain with them superblues and reading your post has filled me with gratitude for the heidelberg CD

We use the Heidelberg steel transfer jackets on one of our 640 perfectors and our 8 color. They work well as long as you clean them everyday. You can under pack them a one or two thousands and that will help them stay dent free. Once they get dented they start to mark and eventually you'll have to replace them. The steel jackets are expensive.

Printgaurd make the orange jackets turbotom is refering too. They work I'd say 98% as well as the steel jackets and cost A LOT less. We use them on our older 640 perfector and clean them daily. Depending on what you're doing they would probably be fine.

I'm hearing good things about the new SuperBlue3 antimarking system. Supposedly you install it and never touch it again, no need to clean daily. We have one being sent to us for demo so we'll see. Our 8 color runs a lot of 60-70# coated stock heavy coverage 4/4 work. If anything will show marking that type of work will.

Mike

Superblue also do a blue glass jacket that locks directly into the transfer clamps like the original chrome foil jackets. They are a cheaper alternative, require daily cleaning but seem to give good results on the whole Heidelberg range.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back