RGB to CMYK

So, here is the whole story: I´ve created a Flyer for a costumer. My client handed artwork to me, which originally was created in PS, for screen . He wants the exact same artwork placed as background for his flyers. So I had trouble to convert the artwork from RGB to CMYK without changing the look of the colors. I´d downloaded the color profile from the Link below. I tried around, changed the profiles in PS but it just didn´t work. When I installed the profile I could´nt even find it in PS, I think the name of the profile like it´s displayed in PS after installing, just changed. Then I´ve called the printservice I was going to use and sent them the RGB PS file. Luckily, they managed the conversion and I was able to finish the flyer and get print data done. Now I have received the flyers and my client and I are very happy. This was my first time using a online printservice, my customer insisted on working with them. Overall I am happy now and I definately would order again. For some of my clients this will be a really good alternative.

https://www.printcarrier.com/en/templates-downloads.html

I'd guess they did the same conversion you would (sRGB - FOGRA39), but weren't as perturbed by the on-screen representation of the inevitable colour shift as you were. Looking at the results as real ink on paper aren't generally as worrying as seeing R0 G0 B256 turn to C93 M75 Y0 K0 in an instant on your monitor, but that's what happened.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back