Ricoh 7200 Keeps Hesitating...

Looking into this further, the job history reports all our jobs as multiple pages x 1 set.
Every job in our history log shows "Sets = 1"
Today, we ran 3 separate jobs, each 1pp SRA3 posters, 240 copies, using AccurioPro Print Manager.
The history shows these jobs as 240 pages x 1 set, whereas I would expect to see 1 page x 240 sets.
This suggests each page is being RIPped individually, explaining why the remaining time and remaining pages aren't reporting expected.
@jwheeler, can you help on this one?
No clue on this one. I just looked at the job history on our machines (we have 3 6136's on AccurioPro Print Manager, and 1 C6085 on Job Centro). All jobs report as expected for the page counts and number of copies printed. We always print from Acrobat Pro using the PS drivers.

Are you printing the jobs through the PS or PCL driver? From Acrobat Pro or some other software such as InDesign? Or do you drag/drop jobs directly into the Print Manager? If you're doing any of these other methods, try how I described and see if it reports differently. We also always see the estimated print time on the machine screen.

As for your earlier comment about jobs with mixed media...if I understand what you're saying, it pauses when switching media. KM devices have a setting to make it so there is no pause. See attached screen shot from the service manual for more info, but in summary you need to: Press Utility on the hard button panel>User Setting>Common Setting. On the bottom of the first screen is says "Fuser Stability for Mixed Media"...there are 4 speed options to choose from. The service manual recommends changing it to "speed" for best results, but if there's still too much of a pause, change it to "highest speed". I haven't seen any quality issues doing this. I was told by someone in service that rather than it stopping to adjust the fuser temperature between media, it keeps moving the lighter weight media at full speed, while moving the heavier gsm media at a slower rate through the fuser.

Attachments

• MixedMedia.JPG
    MixedMedia.JPG
    189.5 KB · Views: 193
Are you printing the jobs through the PS or PCL driver? From Acrobat Pro or some other software such as InDesign? Or do you drag/drop jobs directly into the Print Manager? If you're doing any of these other methods, try how I described and see if it reports differently. We also always see the estimated print time on the machine screen.
On the C4080, we always RIP directly into AccurioPro Print Manager, making good use of the file system on the controller, setting up subdirectories for specific projects, etc. as further orders are subsequently required for many of our jobs.

Whereas on the Pro951, we use the PS driver to print to a user box, then recall at the machine. The Pro951 reports pages * sets, remaining time, etc.

As for your earlier comment about jobs with mixed media...if I understand what you're saying, it pauses when switching media. KM devices have a setting to make it so there is no pause. See attached screen shot from the service manual for more info, but in summary you need to: Press Utility on the hard button panel>User Setting>Common Setting. On the bottom of the first screen is says "Fuser Stability for Mixed Media"...there are 4 speed options to choose from. The service manual recommends changing it to "speed" for best results, but if there's still too much of a pause, change it to "highest speed". I haven't seen any quality issues doing this. I was told by someone in service that rather than it stopping to adjust the fuser temperature between media, it keeps moving the lighter weight media at full speed, while moving the heavier gsm media at a slower rate through the fuser.
Thanks for this. Good to know. It's not problematic, but good to understand the background and that there is functionality to rectify it if required.

No. We never have gotten to the bottom of it. We have just dealt with it. Both machines do it and it happens randomly on jobs. All of the work is full color without any black and white, so there isn't any switching and we are running in productivity mode. The techs have been called in several times and they threw up their hands and said it must be file related since both machines do it. Our 7210 has the E85 RIP and our 7200 has the E35 RIP. None of these jobs do this on the old Versant 2100. It runs all of them at full speed.

After a couple of years of using the Ricohs, this is our primary complaint. Otherwise we are very happy with them.
A lot of people with fierys forget that many Ricoh production machines also have an internal Ricoh controller with a Ricoh printer driver.

Why don't you try printing the same documents via the Ricoh driver and see if the problem happens there too. Either way you'll probably be able to isolate the problem as either engine or fiery related

So if you've talked to your Ricoh SE (Fiery guy) about this you've probably already been down the updates road including Fiery patches and updates to CWS? If you were my customer I'd be requesting copies of those files to have tested elsewhere. If the problem can be replicated then likely it can be resolved. Have you also posted the question on communities.efi.com?
Well, we have another issue, where when we update our E35 with the latest patches, it looses all graphics and color. The techs solution to this was to restore the backup we had, which fixed it. They said "sometimes it's better not to update if things are working well". I posted the video clip and details on the EFI forum this morning. We will see if they have any clues.

Reactions: bcr
Well, we have another issue, where when we update our E35 with the latest patches, it looses all graphics and color. The techs solution to this was to restore the backup we had, which fixed it. They said "sometimes it's better not to update if things are working well". I posted the video clip and details on the EFI forum this morning. We will see if they have any clues.
My Ricoh techs tell me to leave the fiery updates to them.. they're deeply skeptical of updates until proven stable

Shoot, my tech flat out wont let us upgrade, my 7110 fiery is running on a release from 2015!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back