Ricoh 751EX

xcelprint

Anybody out there running the Ricoh 751EX? I would be interested in your experience and comments. We are adding a machine and the Ricoh dealer says these are priced favorably right now due to the 7100 coming out. We are a small digital shop running the usual products (business cards, brochures, small booklets).

Thanks for your comments...

What is your current machine? They are fine but there are many new features on the 7100.

Make sure you get the windows 7 update kit for the Fiery if you get the 751.

Current machine is a xerox 700 with Freeflow. It is 5 years old and has been a good machine. Xerox has been proposing the Versant 80. We are just trying to see what is out there and what the comparable costs are. I must say the 700 has been very reliable and profitable.

I would stay with Xerox. I have a Ricoh Pro 651Ex the 1st week we had it there is an issue that Ricoh calls a halo effect. Whe you print type on top of a screen like in a newsletter the copier will outline the type with a white line. They couildn't fix it and they refused to take it back. I showed the head tech guys that Ricoh sent out and I printed the same file on our old Xerox 240 which printed fine. They don't have an answer. That was 2 years ago and we still have that problem. We also replaced ouir old Ricoh B/W copier with a 907, and we had an old booklet maker that the Sales Rep in and Email stated that our Booklet maker was covered under the new service contract, but when I called in for service, Ricoh told me that we don't have that piece covered under the new contract, even though I showed the head of service the email saying that it is covered. I have been a customer with Ricoh/Lanier for over 12 years and this is the way I get treated when I have a problem. I would recommend that you look at other corries since Ricoh does not stand by what they sell. If you have any questions please feel free to let me know.

Well, like I said, I have been happy with the quality and service of the xerox 700. It can be tempting to look at less expensive options but at the end of the day I need quality I can count on and prompt, responsive service.

When we first had issues the sales person said if we can't fix it we will take it back. 7 months later we were waiting for an answer from Ricoh of when they were going to pull the machine. Xerox came in and gave us a 770 to try for a month. After we signed with Xerox Ricoh came back and said that the machine prints within specs and they were not going to take the machine back. I am now stuck trying to make payments on both machines. We had an issue when we were going to buy a 700 Xerox and after 5 months of waiting for a large capacity tray we contacted Xerox explained how long does it take to get a large capacity tray, and Xerox came back and said if we wanted to they would take out the machine, and they did at no cost to us. You can't beat that kind of service. Ricoh on the other hand doesn't care once the machine is on the floor. To this day the tech come in and I ask them if they have a solution to the problem and they say no. Go with Xerox, or I will make you a good deal on a Ricoh. ;) Let me know if I can do anything else for you. We slso looked at KN and Cannon but they just aren't in the running.

I know this is an old thread but wanted to put my 2¢ in. We have a Ricoh 751EX that we purchased middle of March. Our service has been impeccable but we've not been immune to problems. The black has banding when printing screens. Ricoh service replaced the developer unit with a modified version but we still have the banding though not as bad. That is my complaint with it. The banding doesn't appear on everything. 95% of what we've printed we've been happy with. But we came from a KM C6500 which was notorious for banding and color inconsistency. So the 751EX is a remarkable improvement from the 6500 but I believe there are better options available but you may have a hard time paying for it. We didn't go back to the Konica Minolta 1070 for several reasons: 1. KM corporate territory missed our area by about 60 miles so we couldn't get a competitive rate. 2. Since the 1070 was new, there was not much chance of getting a 'demo' model at a greatly reduced price. 3. We seen one 'implode' at Graph Expo (fuser burned up on the show floor). That didn't exactly exemplify a level of confidence in the machine. A close competitor has a 1070 and the wax bar that lubricates the drum is collecting toner and destroying the drums prematurely. So, it has it's issues just like any other digital machine.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back