Ricoh 9210 Premature Fuser Belt Wear

We are getting lines in our fusers belts and going through them so fast our service provider is telling us we may have to start paying for them. I have 3 fusers on the floor for the 9210. Techs have advised us to change the fuser for the various sheets sizes. Well our manager will not let us do that. I know what a sheet edge "line" looks like, but the belts are getting fine lines all across the belt and the edges look rough from the sheet edge lines. Any advice would be most appreciated.

I have 3 fusers on the floor for the 9210. Techs have advised us to change the fuser for the various sheets sizes. Well our manager will not let us do that.
I guess I'm a little confused.

Swapping out fusers to accommodate sheet sizes and quality issues is a normality for fuser-based machines. That's why they are so easy to swap out. Usually only two thumb screws and an easily accessible handle grasp at top (like a lunch box).

Why do you have 3 fusers on the floor, but, your manager won't let you swap them out?

Am I missing something?

Swapping out fusers to accommodate sheet sizes and quality issues is a normality for fuser-based machines. That's why they are so easy to swap out. Usually only two thumb screws and an easily accessible handle grasp at top (like a lunch box).

Why do you have 3 fusers on the floor, but, your manager won't let you swap them out?

Am I missing something?
I don't understand the management thinking on the fuser. He thinks if our 13x19 gets a line , then we don't have a 13x19 for a day and we will be down.

Am I missing something?
I can swap out fusers no problem. I learned to swap fusers and change alot of my parts thanks to online videos. We try to minimize down time and not call service if possible. Plus I like reading the manuals.

The solution is either don’t run mixed sizes or swap fusers when doing so. Or just tolerate it. Waiting for service to fix every time when you have fusers on the floor you could swap to is just silly. Let service bill you for it, I bet the problem will solve itself (management will then decide it’s okay for you to swap).

Honestly, 99% of the time for what we do, it doesn’t actually matter and I do not stop production over inevitable lines. Postcard is going through the mail? - the fuser line will never get noticed.

I'm not an expert on the 9210, but, I tend to agree with @Stickman42

If what you are describing is a "grid-like" pattern, that doesn't sound like a fuser problem.

Is there any way to stop (interrupt) a page after the charged toner application, but, before it enters the fuser, like, force-opening a door or something?

If so, do the lines appear on the page?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back