Ricoh C651EX?

wonderings

We are shopping around right now to move up a step from are DC260.

2 machines we have looked at are the Canon imagePRESS C6010VP and yesterday we looked at the Ricoh C651EX

The richoh seems very similar in function in many ways, but the Canon felt/appeared to be a more solid build. Not really familiar with Ricoh other then recognizing the name. Any experience on both machines and how they compare? Or is one light years ahead of the other?

No knowledge of that Canon, we have the Ricoh 651. It's not perfect, no machine I have used is, but I do like it. I have run it long enough now to say it is durable and most of the maintenance times are spot on. We came from a Konica to the Ricoh, quality of prints is kind of a wash, both have their strong points, where the Ricoh is better is production, it will just flat out eat some paper.

We own a 651 and love it. The duplexing registration is phenomenal at this price point. I tested and saw prints from all the competitors Xerox, Canon, Konica, and image quality is as good as anyone else. None of the others could hold a candle to the registration of the 651. The service we receive is great too. We have been offline coating and people cant tell the difference between an offset print and a 651 print. Highly recommended. Its good to get pricing from a couple of competitors to leverage against the other. They will move the price to sell a unit. Watch the fine print in contract for click charges and maintenance.

We have been very pleased with the Ricoh 651EX. The advantages, from my point of view: registration is awesome, detail in the images is superior, more customer swappable parts than the competitors.

How long do you guys got the machine, and how much have you run? And is that A3 or A4 in counting?

We have 128,000 clicks, nearly all of it 12" x 18" or 13" x 19". Our contract does not specify click size, so it is to our benefit to run multiple up.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back