Ricoh c811dn: serious color issues

paperplace

We just purchased a Ricoh C811DN to print Stardream cardstocks (you know, the horrible shiny, plastic paper). Problem is, we cannot seem to get the color right. We talked to another company who is using the same printer and they just use the default settings for the RPCS driver. Works great on most colors except anything darker... maroon, navy, chocolate, etc. To get those colors to print nice, I have to go into the user settings and tweak a few things but then it makes the reds and pinks orange and I lose the bright greens. Black also prints kind of smeared looking. It works out so long as I don't need to print, for example, red and brown on the same document. I'm sure there is a setting I'm missing (at least I hope that is the case) and just need some help figuring out how to set this printer up.

Does anyone have this printer that has figured out the color issues? We are using and printing from CS3 on a PC, Windows XP. Seriously, I'm hoping someone knows exactly the issues I'm talking about because our service techs won't touch the color issues and have no idea why it's doing it or how to solve it.

First thing I would try is this:

The PANTONE® color palette files are developed to generate the closest possible simulation of each
color by this printer. By importing these color palette files to the specified desktop publishing
application software, you can generate the optional reproduction of PANTONE® colors with this printer.

go here
Ricoh USA - Support Center

Also keep in mind that in order to get consistant color accurancy you need to purchase a printer that a has a fiery or some other color matching software that will produce all colors.

Welcome to p4photel.com - The Imaging Professionals Online Resource

the link did not post right, choose your os from the system and then downloan the Pantone color matching software, hope this helps.

Art

I agree with artpost on this on, your really need a fiery on this application. I have seen times where you can tweak the colors just right, but you lose others just like you said. I would get a fiey and then use command workstation to edit print job color until you have what you want.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back