Ricoh C900

Just under $100K I am getting a fiery, but nothing else. I am not sure if it is fair price or not. I am not looking for a great deal, but just a fair deal. Thanks.

Just under $100K I am getting a fiery, but nothing else. I am not sure if it is fair price or not. I am not looking for a great deal, but just a fair deal. Thanks.

You are probably getting a finisher and an LCT too otherwise your copies will fall on the floor and you will only one tray that holds larger than letter size. The Fiery will also have an ES1000 spectrometer with it.

Ricoh C900 For Sale

Ricoh C900 For Sale

Hello,

I have a brand new out of box Ricoh C900 for sale with RT5020 LCT and SR5000 Staple Finisher - $59995.

If the machine runs the stock at the speeds ricoh claims then it should be the best deal on the market. The problem comes in when you try to run the stock, get the quality on the long runs and put the rubber to the road....good luck. IKON is discounting the machine to the point that the customers are nervous and they are even talking about the next machine that is coming out....so much for the C900

$1750? . Only if they promise to pick it up when it doesn't run...see if they will do the deal. Have them put a termination clause on the front of the lease. Also , fix the service rate at under a penny and under five for color for the term....

As long as you don't want to compete in the VDP market space you should be ok for the first year...

The company I work for is looking at the Ricoh C901 which doesn't use fuser oil. I figure it's pretty much the same machine. Anyone know the major differences and what type of problems should I expect to be associated with this machine?

Ricoh C901

Ricoh C901

disclaimer -- I work for Ricoh but I'll be as objective and candid as I can.

The C901/901s can duplex 300gsm at rated engine speed, up to 13x19.5". In addition, it uses PxP oil free chemical toner, has a new oil-less fusing section, expanded TCRU units, a 1000 entry custom paper library and 3 optional controllers (Fiery E-41 and E-81 server based controllers and the Creo C-81.). The C901 has better image quality than the C900, especially with solids and gradations. The maximum monthly volume is 350K with a duty-cycle of 580K. There is no C900 field upgrade kit. The C901/Fiery comes standard with the Fiery Color Profiler Suite. The custom paper library makes it easier to manage media selections and allows you to easily create custom paper output profiles and link them to calibration sets. The C901 runs a little cooler than the C900, increasing reliability and allowing for quicker changes between different weight stocks during the run.

Ricoh C900

Good machine but fuser oil is an issue. If you are laminating heavy coverage with thermal lamination, use super stick types of lamination available from Protect-All and Transilwrap. But even they aren't perfect. Offset the page with color and simplex on the Ricoh.

No, they run perfectly 100% of the time & never need service. :D

I assume by the smile you are joking that the C900 will run perfectly 100% of the time & never need service. We have had a C900 for a year & 1/2 now & we see our tech at least once a week more often than not we see home more that 2 times a week.

C901 vs C900

C901 vs C900

I assume by the smile you are joking that the C900 will run perfectly 100% of the time & never need service. We have had a C900 for a year & 1/2 now & we see our tech at least once a week more often than not we see home more that 2 times a week.

JCrocker was referring to the C901 which is what I was referring to with my tongue-in-cheek response. But actually the 901's do run quite well with minimal service compared to the C900's. Course there are alot of variables including but not limited to the tech's abilities and access to support information (Ricoh/Ikon vs. dealer), customer's participation in the TCRU program (trained customer replaceable units), paper used, environmental conditions, job mix (many short runs vs big long runs) and just general expectations.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back