Ricoh C9200+C7200 v Xerox Iridesse

Here is an example of the 3100 banding.

But this is not what I am asking about since we all know the problems the Versants have.

I want to know the difference between the Ricoh 7200 printers and the Iridesse.
This is caused by the ramp angle from the 2nd btr to the vacuum transport. I've raised it to "deep dive" and they will not look into it. If you look closely you can see the banding lines up with the area between the belt segments. New parts will not fix. If you print in purple you may see the belt holes of the vacuum belt.

This is caused by the ramp angle from the 2nd btr to the vacuum transport. I've raised it to "deep dive" and they will not look into it. If you look closely you can see the banding lines up with the area between the belt segments. New parts will not fix. If you print in purple you may see the belt holes of the vacuum belt.
I know what you are talking about but I only ever see it on 80# text weight and less paper. The sample I posted is 120# Cover and is inboard to outboard banding. What your talking about is lead edge to trail edge banding.

I have raised that issue with this belt. I made them change the fan and the belt. Only thing that I could think of would be a different belt should be there, sold across across with smaller holes for the vacuum. Sometimes I wonder if this belt is also the cause of the creasing we see sometimes with 80# text weight and less paper. Also am also surprised how hot that belts gets. I am going to raise the issue again wondering if there is a way to create less suction in that area especially lighter weight papers. Maybe this is something they will have fixed with the 4100. Now that I think about is I don't think I had as much of an issue with that on the 2100.

I would be really interested to know why you think it is the ramp and angle (deep dive) that is causing this? I have always thought it was the heat and vacuum.

I know what you are talking about but I only ever see it on 80# text weight and less paper. The sample I posted is 120# Cover and is inboard to outboard banding. What your talking about is lead edge to trail edge banding.

I have raised that issue with this belt. I made them change the fan and the belt. Only thing that I could think of would be a different belt should be there, sold across across with smaller holes for the vacuum. Sometimes I wonder if this belt is also the cause of the creasing we see sometimes with 80# text weight and less paper. Also am also surprised how hot that belts gets. I am going to raise the issue again wondering if there is a way to create less suction in that area especially lighter weight papers. Maybe this is something they will have fixed with the 4100. Now that I think about is I don't think I had as much of an issue with that on the 2100.

I would be really interested to know why you think it is the ramp and angle (deep dive) that is causing this? I have always thought it was the heat and vacuum.
I know it's the vacuum belt because my former team tested it extensively. It's the buckle the paper makes when transitioning to the belt.

My SME brought it to my attention and showed me how to reproduce. Full disclosure: I am a former direct technician.

We've played with adjusting fan speed (for belt suction) to no avail. We added ramps from the 2nd btr to the belt to make it less steep which improved but did not eliminate the issue. I agree a mesh belt would work better than the current one.

Deep dive is what is left of direct field engineering. Techs call Guatamala to raise a log, then if they can't help, it gets pushed to deep dive in Webster.

I wouldn't be concerned with how hot the belt gets. It's inches from the fuser.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back