Ricoh jp4500-(auto on line????)

lukydevil

I purchased a Ricoh jp4500 after installing the driver for the controller (Type 40 RCP40), I can't seem to get it to print from the computer..it prints from a scanned image fine...Is there something I need to do to get the machine to auto on line or go on line so able to print from the computer...and is that driver the only thing I need to install to get the printer working????
BTW the print is not network ready, it hooks into the computer via usb port.

Does windows see the printer when you plug it in ? You should plug it into the USB with the PC powered up and the new device found wizard should come up.

Yes, I plugged it in several of the port and they all recognized that new hardware was installed....but it want print from the computer, the printers auto on line or on line buttons want lite up...I tried my installing the driver on my desktop and laptop, but neither worked. Any ideas what could be the problem!!!

I tried accessing the online paramat's but it looks grayed out, like you can't select that option. Is there a reason for this?

For starters, didn't know this machine could print from USB, it came with a standard parallel port and then you could add the network controller. Alas I could be wrong, the model is quite old now. In user tools you can set up the auto on-line. Go here for the manual and get to page 58 for the setup.

When you say scan, you are scanning to the internal memory and then printing.

The manual shows no USB. Hope this helped a little.

Art Post
print4pay Hotel's "MFP Solutions Blog"

did you try setting it up to print from the local port from the pc? Confirm that you have a usb cable running from the pc and you're connected to the parallel port or the nic card.

The cable might be the problem..I may have bought the wrong cable..but there is no way to set up the on line options in the user tools, it's grayed out for some reason, which may be the cable. The printer is not network ready so the only way to print from the computer is via cable.

Question:
Would it matter if I had the printer hooked to the computer with a parallel printer cable adapter (25 pin to usb). Should use a standard parallel printer cable and then use the adapter to hook into the usb port?

The only way I can print from my computer is through the usb port. My Gestetner dose fine through the usb, but I use an adapter onto the parallel cable to hook in to the computer. I think that might be the reason I'm having trouble.

The only way I can print from my computer is through the usb port. My Gestetner dose fine through the usb, but I use an adapter onto the parallel cable to hook in to the computer. I think that might be the reason I'm having trouble.

Yeah not everything will work with those.

Doesn't this thing have a network interface ? The manual referrers to setting up one. If it has that you could just print via that.

I think it's an optional feature you can add to the printer, the only out put on the machine is a parallel cable. I'm going to order a parallel cable and see if that fixes the issue, but..not sure if it will. I took the parallel cable off my Gestetner and could still turn the auto on line button on and off. Can you think of a reason that the option in user tools looks grayed out?? I talked to the person I bought the printer from and she doesn't understand why it is...she also doesn't have the install disk because a Ricoh tech did the install for her back when she bought the printer.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back