Ricoh Pro c9210 Print Quality Issue

I'm having an issue with the color fading on the edge of certain colors. I've mostly noticed it on gray colors and I think I've seen this issue before with my C7200 and we just usually ran the press long enough to "heat it up" and the fading would go away.

However that trick doesn't seem to be working this time. I printed some test sheets and all the solid 100% colors look fine, it's mostly the half tone 50% test sheets, magenta and cyan that show it the most. My Ricoh tech was here last week and did PM and replaced a ton of things and it still didn't help.

I've tried several different paper settings. It's mostly happening on gloss cover or synthetic vinyl 14 mil (expensive) sheets. It's mostly at the edge, the top in this instance, the right on the other cards I'm printing. It's also occurring on the backside in the same position.

Any ideas or insights would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• judd1.jpg
    judd1.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 265
  • Screenshot_20230504-140009_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230504-140009_Gallery.jpg
    470.5 KB · Views: 257
  • Screenshot_20230504-140047_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230504-140047_Gallery.jpg
    405.6 KB · Views: 271
  • Screenshot_20230504-140129_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230504-140129_Gallery.jpg
    693.1 KB · Views: 266
I would guess transfer rollers, do you know if those were replaced? You can try and adjust image transfer and or paper transfer.

The 7200 could print the 14mil all day. The C9210 is rated for it.

I tried some skilled operator adjustments and that didn't help.

Then I decided to delete the paper from my catalog and try one from the paper library and that seemed to do the trick. No splotches now on the 130# gloss cover. I'll have to try to find something in the library for the 14 mil and see if that works better. I'm guessing when I set those paper types up, I didn't find it in the library and just made my own choosing the weight, gloss, size, etc. The library must have more in-depth settings.

Thanks for your feedback and help!

If you go into the "Advanced" paper settings for the particular paper you are using there is a setting to adjust the NIP roller. If you turn it down it will take care of that most of the time. We had the same issue on 24pt. C2S and when we turned down the NIP to level 1 it went away.

If you go into the "Advanced" paper settings for the particular paper you are using there is a setting to adjust the NIP roller. If you turn it down it will take care of that most of the time. We had the same issue on 24pt. C2S and when we turned down the NIP to level 1 it went away.
Thank you, I have some 14 mil business cards coming up. I'll give that a try!

We had issues with synthetic stocks on our 9110 and I had to go in and adjust some transfer voltage values in order to get good coverage. Nip adjustments could also help.

Our C92xx machine has been awful since install. There are consistent copy quality issues from color shift to streaking. The official stance from Ricoh and the dealer has been that there are VOC chemicals in the air. Yet they can't tell anyone which chemicals or if there is or isn't an acceptable level of these chemicals. Their solution was to "sell your press" then everything will be fine. Be careful they don't take this approach with you as the mysterious, unspecified, immeasurable and unseen chemicals will get you! They will literally fall back on this defense to NOT service you. It's an absolute joke.
I am curious to see others having this same issue.

Our C92xx machine has been awful since install. There are consistent copy quality issues from color shift to streaking. The official stance from Ricoh and the dealer has been that there are VOC chemicals in the air. Yet they can't tell anyone which chemicals or if there is or isn't an acceptable level of these chemicals. Their solution was to "sell your press" then everything will be fine. Be careful they don't take this approach with you as the mysterious, unspecified, immeasurable and unseen chemicals will get you! They will literally fall back on this defense to NOT service you. It's an absolute joke.
I am curious to see others having this same issue.
That sounds bizarre. I've never heard of anything about VOC chemicals in the air. My Ricoh tech sometimes tells us that it's too humid or too hot and that causes issues for us. I'm still having the splotchy issue but it only appears on certain colors such as grays or blues. I played around with the nip rollers trying to fix it, but no luck yet. Next time my tech is out I'm going to ask him what he thinks is causing the splotchiness. Other than that, we've had ours almost a year and we finally got the issues with the Plockmatic fixed. No other real issues with print quality other than the splotchiness every now and again with grays/blues.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back