Ricoh ProC9100 Print Problem?

tpmar

Just ran into this print problem today. It always the same distance in from the non-operator side edge of the sheet, almost all I run are 12x18 sheets. It's about 9.5 to 10mm in. They seem to be pretty random as far as how often I see them. I ran 40 sheets of 1 job and found these on 5 of the sheets, some on the face, some on the back. I swapped fusers and it seems to have gone away. On Tuesday I had to replace the fuser cleaning web, not sure if that would have anything to do with just seeing this for the first time on Friday or not. Anyway, hoping a more experienced operator could point me in the right direction to get this fixed, thanks.

Attachments

• PrintProblem.jpg
    PrintProblem.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 238
Is it always in that same location? I would try and run like 12 or so single sided and see it it repeats after the same number of sheets. If it does I would guess it's a dent in the itb.

Interesting, thanks for letting me know. Basically all I did was swap fusers, it was gone with the other fuser, then to see if it would come back, I put the fuser in again that was in there when I was having the problem, and I ran some heavy coverage duplex sheets and so far haven't seen the problem, but you can bet I'll be looking for it closely all day. I'm also going to take a good look at the ITB, is this something that would be visible? Thanks again.

I will get these boogers from time to time, for my 7110 it comes from my transfer roller and or ITB, once I swap that out it goes away.

Interesting, thanks for letting me know. Basically all I did was swap fusers, it was gone with the other fuser, then to see if it would come back, I put the fuser in again that was in there when I was having the problem, and I ran some heavy coverage duplex sheets and so far haven't seen the problem, but you can bet I'll be looking for it closely all day. I'm also going to take a good look at the ITB, is this something that would be visible? Thanks again.

Sorry I missed the part about your swapping the fusers. If it went away then I would think the fuser is the problem but I would expect that to be on every page. If it's from the fuser I would expect you to be able to see a ding in the belt if you open the cover and rotate it around. You won't be able to see the ITB unless you take more apart than what they consider the TCRU stuff. The ITB is lonn enough that it can hold multiple images on there (about twice as long as the right half of the machine) so if there was a ding in it, it would not be on every page.

Sorry I missed the part about your swapping the fusers. If it went away then I would think the fuser is the problem but I would expect that to be on every page. If it's from the fuser I would expect you to be able to see a ding in the belt if you open the cover and rotate it around. You won't be able to see the ITB unless you take more apart than what they consider the TCRU stuff. The ITB is lonn enough that it can hold multiple images on there (about twice as long as the right half of the machine) so if there was a ding in it, it would not be on every page.

Thanks Shawn and msaeger, I had no idea the ITB was that long! And the way the repeat was I'm sure that had to be it. So basically I didn't do anything that should have fixed this but the problem seems to have gone away, which is my favorite way to fix pretty much any problem, ignore it and hope it goes away on it's own!!! Got my tech stopping by Thursday to rebuild some parts so I'll run this by him then.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back