Ricoh - what is wrong with this company

Pitersen

I have one simple rule when I buy my kit. I go to the manufacturers website and see if they have drivers, manuals and original brochures for their older equipment.
We have a Ricoh Digital Duplicator DX 3240 it's probably 4 years old and was actually never used.
I don't have instruction manual for it any more, neither Ricoh has one!
Went on their website, all software is there, but no manuals.
So phoned up Ricoh UK,
- To buy paper press 1
- To book engineer for hardware press 2
- To get help with software press 3
- To buy toner press 4

I just spend 40 minutes on the phone with those usless xxxxxx and they all are trying to go to their website and find it, and every one after they see that it's not there keep transferring me to another department. Went in the circle few times, when their sales rep will walk in up here next month, he will loose a tooth :mad:
Any idea how to get one? It's not one of those machines which you can work out blind.
Nearly all buttons show piece of paper on it!!!

Last edited:
Try to get your Ricoh 901s repaired. I keep getting the same answer that it is working per the machine specifications. Did not have any streaks or lines across the print when it was new. After 400,000 impressions it is a nightmare. I just had a high up from Ricoh saying the techs are not fully trained to fix the 901. I have reached the point of using our states lemon law.

We have all those wars on this forum, like "what's better Xerox, KM or Ricoh" and some people including me do choose second two from time to time. The fact is - and I'm not biased what so ever - that each time the order is life dependant I know I have Xerox machine and it will print best quality, will not fail in the middle of the job, if I need drivers they are always on their website, including manuals and brochures.
Unfortunately I have 8 machines in a shop and only 2 are Xeroxs'.
Live and learn.

Last edited:
Thanks UnlimitedBT I did find it up there as well. In addition this machine is called Gestetner DX 3240 and Rex Rotary DX 3240 it seems that it was inherited product for Ricoh. I did managed to fire it up and it does great black solids.
Just thinking now, what you can use riso for? Any new idea?
Did you guys ever used it for something which it's exceptionally handy?

Last edited:
Pitersen, I think that the issue with many large companies.

I recently went through the same with my Bank. I went to the bank’s website and looked for the contact details of my local branch. I wanted to find out their hours/days of operation. Of course, there were no direct phone numbers listed (only a central call centre number), and there was no info on the specific opening hours of the branch. As this local branch is found inside of a shopping centre, it only had the shopping centre hours of operation listed, but not the actual bank branch hours.

Of course, the info on the bank’s website for the specific branch was totally useless!

I then was forced to call the main bank call centre line and wait to talk to an operator. I told the operator that I was looking for the opening hours of the XYZ branch. The call centre operator then opened up the main public website and looked up the branch. Of course, the operator had access to the exact same useless info that I did. I then explained to the operator that was why I was forced to call. There were no hours of operation or direct contact details listed for the branch. Furthermore, it was pointless having the shopping centre hours listed, as the bank branch uses totally different opening hours/days.

I then had to ask that they use an internal system so that I could be transferred direct to the branch so that I could talk to somebody there to find out when they were open on specific days.

So, a simple 30 second task probably took 20+ minutes.

Hi. I am glad this problem is solved. We use our riso to print NCRs, medical forms, flyers, newsletters, envelopes etc. Anything that is lineart - no halftones. 200 pages to 2000 or 3000 goes on riso, more, goes to offset, once again-simple art.

Our Ricoh will be hooked up to the computer for the first time today. I'm actually looking forward to se if the quality will be much better printing directly from the PC instead of the scanning original.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back