RIP suggestions for screen printing

bebris

Hello everyone,

Can you suggest a good RIP for screen printing?
I would like to have a RIP that can:
1. read multi page PDF file
2. make separations
3. can find empty separations, or allow me to choose what separations to print
4. allow me to choose pages to print
5. make a nesting
6. make screening (round or conventional with up to 80 lpi)
7. output to EPSON 7890 with original inks
8. have a good black density on film

I have tested FilmGate version 8 and 9, but it has problems with multi page PDF.
Do you know a RIP that can do this?

regards
bebris

Have you taken a look at the StudioRIP? (StudioRIP)
It is very well suited, as lots of control of screening: Angles,hybrid screening as Standard
Has Ink spread compensation to compensate for filling in on vector objects for example reverse 3pt text
Also has a lot of options in the Epson Driver, such as Twin / 4 Channel modes to use 2 inks to increase speed
Control of Ink Denisty - Either Flat Density value or Density modulation (small dots have higher ink density to achieve better dot shape)

Regarding Density, it depends what DMax you are trying to achieve. Epson Photo Black wont get much above Dmax of 2.2 before it starts to run on most material
Epson Matte Black will go higher, but is much more delicate and easily scratched

If you have questions please do not hesitate to contact me (I work for StudioRIP in a technical role)

Hello everyone,

Can you suggest a good RIP for screen printing?
I would like to have a RIP that can:
1. read multi page PDF file
2. make separations
3. can find empty separations, or allow me to choose what separations to print
4. allow me to choose pages to print
5. make a nesting
6. make screening (round or conventional with up to 80 lpi)
7. output to EPSON 7890 with original inks
8. have a good black density on film

I have tested FilmGate version 8 and 9, but it has problems with multi page PDF.
Do you know a RIP that can do this?

regards
bebris

I have seen few RIPS that provide nesting - most folks I know of that require nesting do that in some app that generates a nested PDF.

Examples are EFI's Metrix and Founders Pasharp ( PaSharp is an Illustrator Plug-in )

Neither are inexpensive.

Of course, you can get full on crazy and go with the industry leader - Esko...

But to be frank, these are all for package design types where they can command much more money for services - since you mention that you are outputting to EPSON 7890 - I think most of what you do probably is not going to generate the revenue for ROI.

I could be wrong.

Hope that gives you a little bit to ponder upon.

The best RIP for screen printing is the Wasatch RIP. It will do everything that you mention (but I'm not sure about the multipage PDF's - it will do variable data, so it might handle these). If you use Kimoto, Acorn (DAAInternational.com) or some other waterproof film, you'll get good black density. Or, you can substitute a dye-based ink from Ink2Image for one of the blacks (matte or photo) and get even better density, and spend less money, too.

Tony

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back