Ripped pdf from Delta 7.0??

Does anyone know how or if you can output a ripped pdf from Delta 7.0 for proofing purposes? Any help or answers appreciated.. Thanks

Heidleberg??? Mark??

Heidleberg??? Mark??

I'll bet someone at/with the company knows the answer. I have often wondered this myself, with such a powerful piece of equipment, it seems it would be a breeze.

The problem is that a Delta List is a later workflow stage to PDF, you can't go back to vector and jpeg image compression. I think of it as a series of contones and bitmaps that the screening tower can apply screen to, the file sizes tend to be big.
I used to screen dump from Delta Document Viewer occasionally . I guess you could set up some form of VNC/VPN link.
Kodak Matchprint RIP will accept Delta Lists as a File Format to create an Inkjet proof its very good for spot colours.

If the PDF is in composite form and not separated as a 1 bit TIFF with screening embedded, the Delta should eat that PDF like any other postscript file without a problem.

Or am I mistaken in your original question. Are you looking to output a proof AFTER the PDF has been ripped into a DeltaList format??

The original question is a bit vague. Once a PDF file goes through the Delta, it's certainly not a PDF file format anymore.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back