Roller Shimming

RGPW17100

We are buying all new rubber rollers for our 2002 SM52. This will include all the transfers, Ink and water forms and water pan rollers for the all color. Is there a rule of thumb about shimming the rollers. Am I looking at say less then 1 or 2 mm of play on the roller ends? We will be starting this Friday after Thanksgiving. Any helpful feedback would be appreciated.

HI there,

i think the endplay tollerance is a lot less than 1-2 mm somewhere around 0.1 mm i have a look later and try to re post, the endplay is only important on ink and damper forms in my speedmaster 74 the rollers which bridge the inking forms move 2-3 mm or so and they dont cause any print issues although i should reduce that when i get time.

Paul

i was going to make similar thread about our 300's rollers but might as well post in here since it's so similar. i'm more curious as to the method people use to shim though not so much the amount of play.

Sorry I meant milli inch not mm end play. My guess is the shim will go between the roller and the bearing which could make the bearing not flush with the roller end.

hello,

this is not the correct answer but i put a slither of 200-450gsm board between the journals and roller shaft, cant see any other way of doing it without trying to move the journals.

Paul

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back