Rows of pixels shifting over in images when saved over a network

slmiller

We have had problems with Photoshop images when saving them to our server. The image looks fine when displayed on our monitors. We make edits to the image and save them to our server. On occasion, very rare, when we open the image again, the pixels in an image will have a few rows of pixels that have shifted to the right or left. I've uploaded an image as an example of what I'm referring to.
The text in the images says that the pixels have move to the right. I should read "pixels have moved to the left."

Does anyone have a good explanation on how or why this is happening? How can we prevent this from happing?

Attachments

• sampleimg2.jpg
    sampleimg2.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 175
intresting, have you seen the same result on several different workstations?, i suspect it may be the video card, it looks to me like a coruption of data when refreshing the screen.

regards
Maas

Which version of PS are you using. I was having the same problem in older versions of PS.
CS4 hasn't had the problem at all.

This plug may be of help in PSD file recovery:

Telegraphics - Free plugins for Photoshop & Illustrator...and other software

Quote:

"Photoshop file (PSD) Extract/Recover tool
This plugin lets you grab image layers from any PSD/PSB file. It's faster than opening the whole PSD in Photoshop, if you just want a layer. Most importantly, it can usually recover image layers from corrupted PSD files that Photoshop won't open (if Photoshop opens with damage, this plugin recovers a more intact image). Beta version.
FREE, $10 donation suggested if it saves your day/sanity/job."

Regards,

Stephen Marsh

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back