Running 70# Gloss Text on Konica Minolta c6501

bgardner

Hello All - Has anyone tried printing on 70# Gloss Text before? It is thinner then 20# Bond and my machine is not liking it. I have tried, with my technician every possible setting - speed, paper types, different weights, curling paper, flipping paper, different trays - It does not like it and it is not happy. Any hidden tips and tricks anyone may know? It is on a Minolta c6501.

In my experience the 6501 won't feed coated stock of less than 115gsm (78lb I think that converts to). I'm pretty certain that you won't get that working reliably.

In my experience the 6501 won't feed coated stock of less than 115gsm (78lb I think that converts to). I'm pretty certain that you won't get that working reliably.

Gotta agree. Don't think you're going to get that stock running consistently (or at all).

Is it jamming in the fuser? I had some 80lb jamming in the fuser and I went in to the paper settings menu and lowered the fuser temperature and if fixed the problem. I forgot the exact menu name but its the one with all the process control stuff after you go to the paper settings menu. Also set the air assist to low if feeding out of the large paper trays.

I ran 500 sheets of 13x19 70# kelly digital maybe 7 or 8 months ago without a single hickup. It was double sided too! Ran it out of tray 5.

Hello All - Has anyone tried printing on 70# Gloss Text before? It is thinner then 20# Bond and my machine is not liking it. I have tried, with my technician every possible setting - speed, paper types, different weights, curling paper, flipping paper, different trays - It does not like it and it is not happy. Any hidden tips and tricks anyone may know? It is on a Minolta c6501.

Define not liking it? does it not feed? come out bubbled or crinkled?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back