Running negatives from a PDF file

ginfay

I have several clients who always sends me a PDF. The document is usually all black ink. When i try to run the negative using my AGFA Accuset 1000, the negatives always comes out screened. The black does not come out solid. Can anyone give me some suggestions on how to correctly run a negative directly from a PDF?

Check if the black is not RGB.
When it converts to CMYK the black is never 100%
In Acrobat go to Advanced > Print Production > Output preview and check the separation

Last edited:
Is it RGB Black 0,0,0 or CMYK 100% K? Both of those should come out 100%. Use a different PPD/Printer. I have a few PPD's that print the same (always screened)

go into the advanced print settings and turn off color management. Use the "same as source" option. Like others have said, double check the separations with output preview. Better yet, use the built in preflight to determine if things are RGB or not. But definitely check the advanced print options.

go into the advanced print settings and turn off color management

let me see if I can make this perfectly clear...
YOU CAN NOT TURN OFF COLOR MANAGEMENT IN ACROBAT.

The PDF standard (ISO 32000) requires the use of color management in the rendering of content.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back