Ryobi 3302 w/crestline/Mitsu poly plate fouintain solution question

jpress

I am running Mitsubishi poly plates on a Ryobi 3302 w/Crestline for over 10 years now. I have been using 2-3 fountains during that time. I use Taniguchi Ink as well. The last 8-10 months I have been fighting a lot of picture framing & toning issues after only 3-4k impressions. Need to throw away the plate & put a new one on. I used to get 50K impressions with one plate! I also use a good wash up without the low VOC garbage, one I have used for over 7 years without a formulation change. I just put in brand new ink/crestline rollers/blankets and still have the same issue and am stumped. I have been using Allied All Star and also Mitsubishi SDP ultimate fountain solutions. I also run the same plates/fountain on a Komori Lithrone 20" and have NO issues with that press, I am convinced that it is the fountain. Must be that the Crestline is being picky. The ink gets really runny after a bit... Any suggestions would help....

Jay

Been awhile for me with poly but this time of the year was always tough. I think it was with all the leaves falling and contaminating the water. We tried distilled and had the same effect. If the ink is piling real bad on the crestlines try using a sub Anchor ARX or ASX something alcohol sub about an oz per gallon. This will help break down the build up of ink on the crestlines. I had my best luck using pink fountain like Mega or silvermaster. Poly plates non image areas are glycerin loving areas not acid loving like metal so PH is not as critical as with metal. I have used total fountain but found it was too strong and I was lucky to get 5K impressions before the image was being eaten away.

Crestlines

Crestlines

Please call Acell at 18006668803 nad ask for Roger. Have him send you some MP2000 poly plus. Use this with APA. 3oz per gallon of each.

Also ZipSet Ink is the best on the 3302 series with Crestlines. Mke sure your CTP is calibrated

CY MK

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back