Ryobi 3304 HA

Looking to enter the 4-color arena and the reasons I am looking at the Ryobi 3304 is:

- I have a polyplate system that will make plates for this size press
- i am already outsourcing work to a shop that is doing all my 4-color work on this type press.

1- Will I be able to produce quality work using polyester plates?
2- Are their certain types of dampening systems that are problematic?
3- I have run a quikmaster 46 (2-color) for 7 years and have "actually" produced acceptable full color
work on this press......what would be an approximate learning curve for me?
4- What would be a reasonable price to pay for a 5 year old press in good condition?

I need to get as much information (good or bad) that will help me in my decision

Biggest draw back of that machine is you only have an impression area of 17.25 inches. You can not run two 8.5 x 11 sheets two up with bleed and produce a color bar. Poly can be used for process work but getting fit on all four sides is a huge challenge. Depending on age and impressions you could be looking anywhere between $85k/$150k

Poly plates are fine to get a job to fit, just dont over-tighten the back edge or you will effectively stretch the image(if you are doin good jobs on the '46 you will understand this)

The ryobi-matic dampening works fine, but needs to be maintained and have correct chemistry!!!

When going to the ryobi from the QM, once the normal learning curve on a new press is sorted(just the learning its personality) you will never go back to doing 2 pass 4 colour work... and if you have a good eye colour bars wont be a prob...

3302/4 are a great little press, they take a good operator but in general will be a highly productive little machine :)

Dont know how much they cost...but hope this helps a little :)

Used 3304

Used 3304

I have a 3304HA with a stream feed that I am looking to sell. Year is 2002 with 15 mil imp. Location is Indianapolis, IN. I've down sized recently and doing most of my jobs on another machine. I have been running 8mil poly material ever since a bought the press. Metal will register better but poly will work fine once you get the hang of it. Auto Plate loaders, powder spray with IR dryer, Royce chiller, Ryobi continous dampners, plate punch, and Ink Console all come with the press. Let me know if you need any more info.

SW

I don't recommend this press based on my experience, we had both qm46-2 and 3304(not ha) in our shop, it took us almost 3 years to know the dampening system of this machine, it used to bring us lots of troubles. polyplate just works fine on this machine, the biggest chanlange so far for this press is you need to find a very experienced operater, other than that, all of our troubles are from prepress because they never got any formal training on 4 color jobs. my suggestion, find an used heidelberg, you save lots of troubles.

Looking to enter the 4-color arena and the reasons I am looking at the Ryobi 3304 is:

- I have a polyplate system that will make plates for this size press
- i am already outsourcing work to a shop that is doing all my 4-color work on this type press.

1- Will I be able to produce quality work using polyester plates?
2- Are their certain types of dampening systems that are problematic?
3- I have run a quikmaster 46 (2-color) for 7 years and have "actually" produced acceptable full color
work on this press......what would be an approximate learning curve for me?
4- What would be a reasonable price to pay for a 5 year old press in good condition?

I need to get as much information (good or bad) that will help me in my decision

The 3304 is not supposed to run a 17 3/4 sheet, or 18"..... but it will!(run slow)
Also, color bars can go in the middle or the tail for bleed jobs on 8.5x11

OR from the console you can plug in a floppy from the original file and it will be in the ballpark if the "curves" are set right.

*Always run 300 sheets when the color is set before starting run or pull the first 300 sheets(that is what worked for me for consistency)

Even with poly 4 color register is obtainable by having all plates snug but not tight! THEN they can be "stretched" appropriately to obtain a good fit. When "stretching" do very little movements at a time(if you over stretch you will need all new plates likely)

Stretching them is done by tightening/loosening appropriately in whichever clamp bolt area needs it.

I have a 3304HA with a stream feed that I am looking to sell. Year is 2002 with 15 mil imp. Location is Indianapolis, IN. I've down sized recently and doing most of my jobs on another machine. I have been running 8mil poly material ever since a bought the press. Metal will register better but poly will work fine once you get the hang of it. Auto Plate loaders, powder spray with IR dryer, Royce chiller, Ryobi continous dampners, plate punch, and Ink Console all come with the press. Let me know if you need any more info.

SW

Have you sold this unit? We are looking for this type of press.

Left Coast

I was offered a 2006 model repossesed press recently. I deal in Ryobi's. You could probably get it for under $100K installed or less if you want to do it yourself. [email protected]

The 3304HA/4995 with Crestline's will print just as good as a DI and it saves money by enabling you to use a wider range of supplies and not be a slave to the Laser Boys.

Left Coast PM your info I may be able to use your services

Ryobi 3304 Error Code

Ryobi 3304 Error Code

Hi,

We have a Ryobi 3304 here in Connecticut and we have been getting an E32 error code and machine won't run.. does anyone have any information about this? It would be GREATLY appreciated.

THANKS!

Francesca

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back