Sakurai Presses???

pworlledge

Is anyone familiar with these presses? The owner has a chance to buy a 28" 2004 model at what he says is a very right price. Any opinions on these presses?

well its not a heidelberg, but at that age it should be fine. I think service is still available. i have never run one, but the ones I have seen seem to do good work
I have never seen anyone have as a selling point say we are a sakurai shop.

Last edited:
Sakurai is a budget press, but the "higher end" models print fairly well. I ran a 4/c 29" Oliver with full automation and it printed very well, but it was also only 3 years old. I'm not sure how they'll fair when they get into their "teens".

The SDs are very impressive machines, but I think the machine you're talking about might be the older ED model? I don't know about the older ED, but if it's an early SD and you can get it at a good price then I don't think you can go far wrong, they print beautifully over a wide range of stock.

There will be less trained engineers around than for a Komori or a Heidi, so I'd make sure that you have a press & an electrical engineer within a reasonable distance before signing on the bottom line.

I don't really know about longevity, but I've seen some real old Saks still working at printers and they seem to have a loyal customer base, so must be doing something right. You could ask Sakurai US for references from customers with "high mileage" machines. I would!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back