Scented Coatings

Hi All,

I'm on the hunt for something very special for a project I have - I need a coating (either UV or water-based) that smells like leather yet has a soft feel. I've seen something like this before so I know it's out there, it's just proving very difficult for me to find. I would be applying the coating on my sheetfed offset press w/ chambered coater. I have a wide variety of anilox rollers and can apply a wide variety of volumes. Thanks for your assistance.

Should not be an issue. Add a micro-encap. leather scent to a water based soft-feel coating.

The scented stuff is always interesting.
About 25 years ago, the newspaper I worked at was requested by a supermarket chain (a very large customer for them) to add a scent to the paper because they were having this "Strawberry" festival.
We did it by adding it to the magenta ink, but unfortunately it was not micro-encapsulated.
The pressroom smelled like strawberries for the next month! So strong it made a lot of people nauseou.s

The scented stuff is always interesting.
About 25 years ago, the newspaper I worked at was requested by a supermarket chain (a very large customer for them) to add a scent to the paper because they were having this "Strawberry" festival.
We did it by adding it to the magenta ink, but unfortunately it was not micro-encapsulated.
The pressroom smelled like strawberries for the next month! So strong it made a lot of people nauseou.s

Thats funny. I once had to print a scratch and sniff patch for a magazine using Channel #5. We had gallons of the stuff in the pressroom, when I went home it took ages for me to convince my wife I wasn't cheating on her

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back