Scope to Suite 7 self install

D_Max

Just getting around to upgrading and we want to do a self install and asking around for any

experiences. snafu's and such. We've been using Scope for almost 2yrs now and love it.

But with a upgrade to Leopard on our Xserve we're running into some conflicts. (fast impose)

So, anyhow, i've got all my backups done and licenses and ready to change up.

Any replys would be great.

Thanks.

Re: Scope to Suite 7 self install

We did a self-install... Scope 3 to Suite 7. Everything went pretty smoothly. You'll need to restore from the backup file once you upgrade -- this will bring in all your tickets, settings, etc...

Also, realize that the backup file does not backup any of the shared resource folders -- designer inks, smartmarks, etc... so make sure you have those backed up just in case things do go bad.

Good luck!

Re: Scope to Suite 7 self install

It would be bold to do it on your own in my opinion. As mentioned above there are resources you will have to access and reload to bring everything back. We just did a SS7 install from the version before Scope - Big move. Could not have really done it on our own without a lot of down time in the production arena. Thing to consider here is whether you should look at hardware upgrades at the same time. We did a bunch of stuff since it was pretty much a clean sweep of the old software. New Backstage box, new FlexRip box, Full blown version of SQL server instead of the 2 gig lite version, etc. Was time for us to look forward and make changes. We also did a license audit and found a bunch of things we didn't need and newer ways of managing our resources which saved us some money. Also reorganized our ip pool, got better names for devices, cleaned up our tickets, and got things more organized. The on-site support install is expensive - I see your concern. On the positive side, if you do it yourself, you will learn a bunch real fast!
Have fun, it IS worth it!!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back