Scoring

Qman

I have a question… I just got a 5x7 fold over card that was scored from a vendor and when I fold it “naturally” it is not even but when I talk to the vendor he said that you must line up from the bottom and then fold?, is he correct or can you make a perfect score that will line up all around “naturally” when folded

Thanks

DK

you can get a perfect fold but its hard. that is why most people make it so that the back is slightly shorter. either way the top and bottom should be even

fold

fold

If you are folding it "natural " the fold can vary as much as the width of the score used . So lining up the ends will at least give a better chance of an exact fold.

Plus it also helps that the printer had the grain going in the right direction in the first place....

after scoring and hand folding a card ther is some cracking of the surface along the fold and it is very prominent if a dark solid is printed ,irrespective of the grain directoion, anybody has similar experience and any sugesstions to overcome this

there are products on the market to minimise cracking on the score, i beleve it was advertised in print week all the time but i think it was for folder aplications only, try there website.

Paul

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back