Screen angle relation to the image

ponnapati123

Recently we come with conclusion with one job. We printed attached job in one of our sheet fed offset machine. We exactly matched the color as per client approved contract proof except one image as shown in below picture. This attached picture is group image and all images we matched perfectly with contract proof except this image. You can see the picture in which Left one is printed one and Right one is Client approved contact proof. Printed one is looking more yellowish and contract one is bluish shade. The shirt looks like moire pattern. We are using black 45, cyan 15, Magenta 75 and Yellow 90 degrees screen angles. Is there any relation to this picture with screen angles. Kindly share your experiences.

Recently we come with conclusion with one job. We printed attached job in one of our sheet fed offset machine. We exactly matched the color as per client approved contract proof except one image as shown in below picture. This attached picture is group image and all images we matched perfectly with contract proof except this image. You can see the picture in which Left one is printed one and Right one is Client approved contact proof. Printed one is looking more yellowish and contract one is bluish shade. The shirt looks like moire pattern. We are using black 45, cyan 15, Magenta 75 and Yellow 90 degrees screen angles. Is there any relation to this picture with screen angles. Kindly share your experiences.

Your attached image did not attach.

When you hopefully try again also attach an image of the whole press sheet as well as the problem image.
Your screen angles are standard angles.
What dot shape are you using?

Hi Mr. Gordo, thank you for your reply. Here I attached pic. We are using Elipse dot shape.

Attachments

• IMAG4012_1 - Copy.jpg
    IMAG4012_1 - Copy.jpg
    891.2 KB · Views: 285
Hi Mr. Gordo, thank you for your reply. Here I attached pic. We are using Elipse dot shape.

The jaggedness of the striped shirt might be "ribboning" where the AM screen interacts with the angle of the line. Here are some examples of of what that looks like with different screen angles (thin grey lines halftone screened)

Affect%20on%20lines_zps5g9p1jpx.jpg

Ribboning1_zpsggxgv2z2.jpg

The fix is to change the shirt or use an FM screen.

I don't think it's pixellation (i.e. the image is too low a resolution so the halftone resolves the pixels of the image) because it only happens in some areas.

The Yellow cast seems to only be in the white part of the shirt (it's not in the white of the ID card). That suggests either some kind of Yellow moiré. I can't tell from the photo.

File is not uploaded, Kindly attach. We are using 175 LPI AM screening. But if you see the skin tone it was matching with proof but the shirt looks yellowish.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back