Screen Capture with Mac Keyboard

Brad38CMU

Does anyone know how to perform a screen capture on a PC with a Mac Keyboard? There is no PrtScrn key and none of the F1-16 keys seem to work. I figured out that you can get a screen capture using the 'On-Screen Keyboard' but the keyboard tends to get in the way. Anyone have any ideas?

Are you running windows in a VM like Parallels. If so under the action menu there is an option to Make Screen Shot.

ok....I'll ask it.....maybe I just didn't read it right, but.....why a Mac keyboard on "just a plain old PC" ???

Hello Brad,

Try holding down the Command key + Shift key + 4 key simultaneously.

TT

I'm running both a mac and a PC and I bounce back and forth between the two with a USB switch. Screen capture on my mac is easy. I still haven't found a command that will work to get a screen capture when I'm switched over to my PC. I have found an application called 'Quick Screen Capture' that is working well, but it is much easier to just punch in a command and get my screen shot.

Thanks for your help guys...

Windows

• Alt Prt Scr to capture the active window.
• Prt Scr to capture the whole screen.

Paste into graphics program to retrieve the screen capture..

Mac Keyboard?

Where is the PrtScrn button?

F14 is used for PrtScrn in Bootcamp. Not sure if that will work in your case.

attachment.php

Also there is this that might work for you:

AppleK Pro - Apple Keyboard Driver for Windows

It's a Mac keyboard, but on Windows box - that key combo won't work. Sadly.

A third party app is the only way to, at least there are tons of free ones out there!

It is alt print screen key then you must have a photo editing program to paste that screen capture into.

Like Photoshop

Screen Grab using Mac keyboard on a PC

Screen Grab using Mac keyboard on a PC

I think a few people missed a point.
Someone was asking how to take screen shots using a MAC keyboard not a PC one. (No problem, not reading and assumptions are a 21st Century pandemic :) I noted about 6 threads with people saying 'press the prt scrn button. No comment.

Since this is one of the top ranking forums for this question I decided to jump on and help people:-

Alt+Capslock+F14
will screen grab the whole picture.

If using photoshop you must create a new page first (Ctrl+N) and then paste it and drop the layer (Ctrl+E) and you will then be able to save it as you wish, crop etc.

Why use a Mac Keyboard on a PC?
I could say jet age solution for steam driven hardware. Moved over to Mac 10 years ago and never looked back. So why a Mac keyboard? The main advantages of a Mac Keyboard are:

Metal. So difficult to break (try dropping them 100 times - no problems; unlike Dell or more expensive plastic types that fail).
Waterproof. Washes out when coffee spills on it and hang it up to dry.
Ingenius technology and amazing key return response.

Why not use a Mac Keyboard? If technology comes up with genius then grab it and enjoy it and the long life it gives you (and save money and contribute to the planet by recycling that metal when its outlived you). :)

Tip
Don't use a program to grab screens unless you have to take one after the other and need it; most programs take up valuable APP estate on a PC as it is and there are far too many things running in Windows already. Apple use much less estate here than a PC does and are much better at just about everything (except gaming. Why? Think about it). W7 uses multiple layers and runs loads of exes all the time which complicates things and pressing your processor harder is not a good thing. It also costs the planet and costs you in increased power use.

Some programs are, well, a little undesirable on the security front, shall we say (nothing is free - somebody always pays).

So Mac Keyboards on a PC? Great Idea. Scrn Grab away!!!

Go well.

PGenie

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back