Signa Station 4.5 problems

cbucheli

Hey guys after the upgrade we are having issues with transparencies from indesign (CS4), I have a distiller setting to: Compatibility Acrobat 7.0 (PDF 1.6) this one worked fine before the upgrade, We've tried 8.0, 7, 6 with no luck. The only way that I can get it to work is if I use PDF/X-4: 2008 in the standard section bringing down the compatibiltiy to Acrobrat 5 (PDF 1.4). What else can I check. We put the files thru Cockpict and then goes to Signa. Maybe is cockpit doing it.

The file looks fine on the screen before going to cockpict.

Also no warnigs or rejected files when the font / transparencies drops!! and the settings are set to reject on file problems.

Heilderber is no help on this one. :)

are all the graphics in the design originating in ID? Are you using APPE or cpsi? have you updated to 4.5.1 on cockpit? Have you updated ID to the latest update?

are all the graphics in the design originating in ID? Are you using APPE or cpsi? have you updated to 4.5.1 on cockpit? Have you updated ID to the latest update?

Yes all graphics in ID. not sure what is APPE or CPSI (Adobe print engine?). Yes cockpit was upgraded too I'll have to check the version tomorrow. Also Meta was upgraded too. Too many problems since the upgrade.

appe is adobe pdf print engine which uses straight pdf files instead of flattening and converting. did you get a service agreement or buy the upgrade. either way you should be able to call tac and have them look at your setup online for free. if it is an upgrade you may not have received the update to appe. I know I did not. they want another $1250 for it.

appe is adobe pdf print engine which uses straight pdf files instead of flattening and converting. did you get a service agreement or buy the upgrade. either way you should be able to call tac and have them look at your setup online for free. if it is an upgrade you may not have received the update to appe. I know I did not. they want another $1250 for it.

Yes we got the PDF engine with the upgrade, I have placed the call but not a real solution yet, they said the'll submit the problem to Germany.

There is a glitch with pantone colors too not been able ignore the color in signa, same as before they were able to reproduce the problem in their lab and sent it to Germany.

The tech said there is an upgrade coming up, but not sure when.

We can work around the problems but I wonder if we are the only ones having these issues :)

I'm just tired of wasting plates or press time.

Got it working, the problem was since we are using the PDF engine now, the problem was in cockpit (4.5.1) - in the Qualify under Normalizing - Advanced tab, we had transparency flattening qualify 100%, that needs to be off, need to check Preserve Transparency. Also in the Prepare uncheck Transparency Handling. After these changes the files worked.

Now we have one more issue to be fixed with the Pantone colors not been ignored, there is an update to be released within the next few weeks that is supposed to fix the issue.

Hope this helps other Signa users

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back