Skew problems on Xerox 700

chrissharpe

Hi Folks
Hi

We are operating a Xerox 700 with HCF Bins and Professional Finisher. At the moment we have 500K on the meter and is only a year old (running SRA3 sheets and solid colours) .

A new registration kit assembly kit was fitted not so long ago. Now we are having major issues with Skew outside the normal attributes (sometimes 3-5mm out).

We have had engineers in constantly trying to fix the problem (who are working all hours to solve the issues). Alightment profiles have also been set up for 300gsm Skew Correction - again this does not seem to solve the problem. Ratchet straps have been affixed from the feeder unit to the print engine to hold it in place - again still having problems.

Don't get me wrong, it is a brilliant machine and the engineers have been working non stop to solve the issues, but as soon as it has hit the big 500k we are seeing alot of problems.

If any one can help or if there is a solution out there I would be most greatful. Also if anyone else is having the same problems please let me know.

Cheers

Hey Chris,

On your HFC bins, have a look at two white switches, they should be in the I position, not the 0. You will find them at the right of the tray and on the adjustable guide in front of you.

Those switches help to feed the paper square.

Secondly choose specific trays for weights. i.e 100gsm to 200 in tray 6 and 200 upwards in tray 7.

Then have the technician run whats called a RegiCon setup and path timing using the CSE mode on the machine.

Next have the tech setup the tray alignment using the calculator they have available on their laptop.

Once that is performed you will need to submit to the machine a duplex job that has crop marks or regi marks on both sides.

Skew usually is exhibited as a perpindicular irregularity resulting in skew. So, using the Custom paper profiles, run the sample printout making sure your front to back alignment is correct. You may need to adjust skew, position and magnification until you get accurate front to back.

Once you have done that, you need to introduce toner and heat into the mix.

Send files with about 50% halfone on SRA3 and add crop/bleed/regi marks.
The image will move but calculate the movement when heat and toner is on and that will give you the offset values you will need to change to shift the image in the paper profiles.

Failing that, have the tech square-up the paper feed assembly in the paper path before the transfer roll.

Good luck. :)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back