Slow TrapPro?

Anyone have any issues with TrapPro running slowly? We are purchasing the new Navigator with TrapPro and I want to know if I need to purchase any additional hardware for the PC. (Currently 4GB RAM, dual 2.66GHz)

We have set up several new RIPs with that configuration. As long as you have Service Pac 3 installed to make sure the Applications are using 3GB of the RAM, then it is going to go as fast as it can. Depending on the complexity of the jobs, the Trapping time will of course vary, but we have found the speed to be a non-issue.

If you are using Win 2K, you will have to use the 3GB Switch in the boot.ini file to have the RIP utilize more memory.

Does the xitron work on XP64? That would remove any issues with 32bit OSes not using more than 3g. Matters to me because I'm considering purchasing a Xitron and I would see that as a limitation.

From my understanding, it is not compatible with XP64 as of yet. It will take advantage of the dual core intel chip however. The issue is not with Xitron, but with the core of the RIP at this time. I'm hoping that will be usable with ver. 9 if not a later release of ver. 8. I will be at the show next week and I will see what information I can dig up.

I need to clarify my last post. The latest release (8) is compatible with Vista, if you dare to go there at this time. The issue is of course with the drivers for the interface cards. Xitron has moved to a usb interface box, so this issue may also be solved for them. But are you really wanting to go to Vista right now?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back