Small Roland press

RBSN

Hi all,

I just have a quick question for anyone working in and around Roland. When I was at college the print group used a small Roland press, it only had 2 units and was only small. Could anyone tell me when this press was? Sorry for the lack of infomation I wasn't apart of the print group when I was studying.

Could one of these Rolands be used for a small business? and how much would they cost to buy and run?

Regards
Lee

just google roland printing presses...
probably 200 2 col very compact or even a rotaprint if you are mistaken..

Small Roland Press

Small Roland Press

The press you are talking about is the Roland Practica. It is a 2 color 2 head press.
Press sheet size is 14 x 20 and it is one of the best 2 color presses of that size ever made.
It weighs in at about 10000 lbs. Double impression cylendar for each unit. Has the same watering system as the 200. The only press close to it is the Heidi GTO. and that weighs in at just about 6000. You can send your shoe thru the Practica. This Roland can cover a full sheet of 14 x20 in black ink one pass. It has a air pull guide and the register is one of the best.

Roland discontinued making it in about 1998. Actually it was made by Edlemann for Roland.
Roland only sold about 20 units at best in the USA.
MOst were sold in Europe and So.America.
I know of no operating units in the USA.

One other thing. If you don't know how to operate a real press this is not the press for you-if you can find one. It is expensive to maintain as it is all computerized. Replacing a computer board on the press is over $2000. You also need to have extra pistons for the air.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back