Smark Marks modified disappear

tbowat

I have modified some of our marks within the smart marks groups. When I open a template that contains the old mark, that I have removed from the marks folder the mark that is missing disappears and can't be selected. Static marks usually are replaced by a rectangle, then you can select the mark and replace it with the new mark. If the smart mark just disappeared and I had to place a new one that would be ok, but for some reason the template is holding onto the old mark and gives you an error about a missing mark when the template is reopened. I have been able to go into text edit and remove that mark and then the template opens fine. I just didn't want the operators to have to do this on all jobs. We could also put the old marks back into the marks folder, but there is room for error if someone forgets to put the new mark on.

Thanks

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back