Smudge lines left on some prints Canon ipf8400

Hi I'm Jimmy

I am having this problem on every print but only when printing 24x18 size poster prints - it doesn't happen when I print 24x36 - it happens in the same spots every time and it looks like the paper is coming into contact with something it shouldn't that is smudging ink on it. Any help appreciated!

Attachments

• photo8806.jpg
    photo8806.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 241
That's what's known in the trade as a head strike. The media is buckling in that spot for whatever reason and the printhead is hitting it as it passes over it. On the ipf, usually that caused by too much ink for the media, so the media cockles and that causes the buckling and the head strike.

Mike Adams
Correct Color

I had Canon ipf 3100. After having variety of problems (and incurring losses) I abandoned it in favour of Epson. Happier since then.

I had Canon ipf 3100. After having variety of problems (and incurring losses) I abandoned it in favour of Epson. Happier since then.

Maybe so...

But as far as I'm concerned, the ipfx400 is the best printer ever made. I have one myself and if the goal is absolute top quality, nothing else can touch it.

Mike

Reactions: DYP
Thanks for the help - it was the print head striking the paper - I switched from a glossy poster to a semi gloss and I think the new paper had a bit more spring to it and was why the print head was catching it - I increased the vacuum to max and raised the print head height to standard from low setting and all is well now. Thanks for info!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back