Soft Proofing question

Was wondering if anyone out there is using the ORIS Color Tuner WEB 1.0 or ORIS Hybrid Proofing software, to post Soft proofs for client alts and approvals? If so was just wondering about some of the Pros and cons of the software. As my employer is considering different Soft Proof Workflow options. Or is there any other Proofing Software that you might recommend?
Thanks,

ICS Director or Dalim Dialogue are very popular choices. Rampage users have Rampage Remote. Agfa and Kodak have their own solutions. It really depends what you have or exactly need.

Derek

We are using Rampage for RIP device and ORIS Color Tuner for Hard copy proofs from our EPSON Printers. Currently we are posting our PDF Proofs on a DFS Site and clients have to download files. It's served it's purpose for awhile. They are starting to complain about download times as more and more of our clients are going to a Soft Proof workflow. I have looked at Rampage Remote but it costs quite a lot. I was just wondering what other options I could look into?

Your choices:

1. Oris - makes sense if you use Oris Color Tuner
2. Kodak Insite
3. ICS Remote Director - can start at around $4K with a "hosted solution" to get your feet wet
4. Dalim makes sense if you have their workflow
5. Serendipty has a good solution, too

However, it sounds like you are a Fuji customer. If so, then look hard at CGS as it streamlines your vendors and may save you some time.

If you seek a ink jet paper that is as good as CGS but costs less, then call us....;-)

Has anyone used or heard of, "Proof-it-Online? I believe they're called inMotion now. Anyway just wondering if there is any good or bad feedback on them.
Thanx,

Has anyone used or heard of, "Proof-it-Online? I believe they're called inMotion now. Anyway just wondering if there is any good or bad feedback on them.
Thanx,

inMotion is the solution that will bring the creative processes under control.

* Speed project cycles
* Eliminate delays, rushes and excessive correction cycles
* Know the exact status of each of your projects
* Gain transparency and accountability in the creative process
* Plus, finally get clear feedback on interactive content including flash, animations, video, web design and print too.

inMotion is for collaboration in real time for design projects, and they do not have tools for 'please approve this color' moments in a print workflow

JCPenneys use CGS - they feel it is far faster, but use this mostly within the building and internal color - they then send a PDF with an output intent and expect their print suppliers to 'do their job'.

When you need remote proofing with many suppliers - I tend to suggest ICS Director.

Hope that helps

Proof-it-Online is in Cary, NC.
Their founder is Rob Munz.
They have an ASP-based solution that is CHEAP.
They cut a deal with xpedx about 2 years ago.
It's about $1,000 to set up an account then you sort of "pay as you go".

We looked at it and liked it but we could not scale it as a distribution business.
We did sell ICS for about 3 years. ICS is the best for communication and collaborating as well as proofing press-side and seeing accurate color. basically the top 10% of the market.

If softproofing is being used for interim instead of contract proofs, then I am a believer in looking at a solution that best integrates with your CURRENT workflow. If you have CGS, then go Oris. If you have Prinergy, then go Insite. ICS never fully understood or grasped the need to integrate with hard copy proofing systems. They wanted to replace hard proofs with monitors. Yes, we may get there someday. But cutting off a dealer's and agencie's revnue stream (of hard proofs) was not the answer.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back