Soft Touch (feel) Aqueous Coating

We also have had better luck with the Wikoff and a smaller bcm. We tried a few different brands and a larger bcm with poor results. The Wikoff with a double hit gave us a really nice velvety feel and held up pretty well through the bindery.

Gto

Gto

John,
This is a coating that will make the paper feel like velvet. I have seen Golf Courses printed with it and it feels soft when you touch it. If you have an extended delivery on your press anyone can apply it as it is just like applying an AQ. caoting. At Midwest Ink, we sell this to many printers. We stock 5 gallon buckets in Grand Rapidss, MI. If you need a printed sample, please email me.Thanks
George John

can i use that on GTO52 single head?

Soft Touch is delicate in nature and won't stand up to a lot of handling but the double hit improves the feel dramatically.

Has anyone tried printing UV Soft Touch coating? any comments on this thanks

We mostly use aqueous for all of our soft-touch needs, and we do a pretty good amount of it. However, we have used a UV soft-touch from Cork Industries that works really well. When you order it you receive two separate pails filled half-way. You mix the two together and then pump it up into the coater. It's the only one I have ever tried that didn't have streaking issues.

soft touch

soft touch

I have ran the soft touch coating on a manroland R700 with good luck. We actually used the manroland printcom softouch coating. I'm not sure who makes it, but it worked well straight out of the barrel. I've used both a 9 gram and a 13 gram roller with no problems. The 2 different rollers give completely different looks, so it all depends on what you going for.

I'm pretty sure they'd sell it to anybody, even if you're not a roland user.

loopy

please send me address of supplier, if you know any agent in india please send

Last edited:
Soft Answers

Soft Answers

Avoiding the voids !
The key is in your expert on press observations !
Another Coating ? Starting from scratch and then you find a downside to that coating as well.
OMG
Ana Loxing she is even and consistent. Both sides of the press and should be equal mechanically.

The best answers come from the best questions :
Here is one:
On long runs is there a viscosity change in the coating ? This could trap air and reduce the effect of defoamer or the additive package of the coating.

Here is two:
Is the temperature the same in each side of the unit ? It should be but I would check.

Answers:
The likely best solution is to modify the existing coating to a "Custom Blend" . A slight move might give you the extended run consistency you seek.

I am at 909) 539-3701 CURTIS

soft touch feel

soft touch feel

i am very intrested in soft touch coating, if possible please provide me best supplier for the same.

Soft Touch Coating

Soft Touch Coating

We have been using a UV curable soft touch coating with great sucsess.
It's from Wikoff Inks and Coatings
product code CHUV-8489 UV SOFT FEEL MATTE
We apply it using a Apex XXL anilox

soft feel coating..

soft feel coating..

We have run quite a bit of soft feel coating. We did test different brands, and for us Wilkoff has been the answer. We run on a 6/color Komori, with Harris/Bruno. Your right that the coating has a tough time filling the voids of an 8.9 BCM roll. We have found 2 things. No.1, You can change out to a higher BCM, we have a 12.0, bigger voids, lays down the coating much betterfor soft feel. No. 2 If the job isn't a huge run, we'll run it through twice to get the desired "feel". The second pass is done the next day.
Good Luck,
QPC

We experimented with varnishes and coatings from many vendors. We finally settled on Henkel's MIRACURE UVSW4024C. It is a UV coating and has amazing scuff resistance.

There are varnishes for print units out there but we did not find the tactile feel satisfactory. I think it is due to the milling nature of the roller train in print units.

sample

sample

I am looking for this soft touch coating. this inquire is from china. can you supply the sample to me about 2KG.
Shirley
e-mail: [email protected]

John,
This is a coating that will make the paper feel like velvet. I have seen Golf Courses printed with it and it feels soft when you touch it. If you have an extended delivery on your press anyone can apply it as it is just like applying an AQ. caoting. At Midwest Ink, we sell this to many printers. We stock 5 gallon buckets in Grand Rapidss, MI. If you need a printed sample, please email me.Thanks
George John

Agree with QPC, you really need to do a double hit to get good result, we use prisco's coating and first pass seems to kind of seal the sheet, not until the second hit does it really get a good "feel"

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back