Software & plugins for digital print shops?

jdr999

Hi guys,

I run a small digital print shop which does general office copying, printing & binding on our Xerox copiers (presentations, flyers, business cards, booklets, etc..); blueprints on our Canon iPF825 MFP M40; as well as high quality posters and signs on our Canon iPF8400.

Our two main iMacs are running Adobe CC and Office 365. It seems we spend most of our time in Acrobat Pro and InDesign. I think I'm also going to need to purchase Pitstop Pro for pdf font issues and imposition.

(I'll admit I'm new to this space and am learning as I go.)

Are there any other must-have applications or plugins that I should consider?

Thanks,
Joe

Joe,
PitStop Pro is going to help you with fixing issues with PDF's and something you should have on hand to take care of those last minute tweaks and fixes that are very common.

For imposition, you should look at Dynagram's inpO2, Quite Impose and Ultimate Technographic. All very good imposition programs but each take their own approach and it's really what works well for you.

One other suggestion I would make is the product I manage, Connect YOU. It's a $99 application that can help you and your staff standardize your PDF Creation from any application, with plug-ins for InDesign and Illustrator for more control. It also has the PitStop engine built-in to preflight PDF's right after they're created so you can catch problems as the PDF's are created. A great tool for $99.

I hope this helps.

Michael Reiher
Product Manager, Enfocus.

I recommend to give a try to Output Factory for InDesign. It will automate InDesign printing and exporting with batch processing, layer versioning, variable file names and many other time-saving options:

Automate InDesign printing and exporting | Output Factory

Full disclosure: I'm the developer.

We have several other products for InDesign that can help you as well - please feel free to contact me with any questions via Solutions for InDesign, graphics, print and file delivery | Support

Thanks,

Leo Revzin
Zevrix Solutions
Solutions for Adobe InDesign, Graphics, Print & File Delivery | Zevrix Solutions

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back