Software Support

Cory Smith

205-Software-Support.jpg

Sounds like the finger pointing war I got caught in the middle of between Apple and Adobe a few years back.

I do not even call tech support unless its something hardware related. I can usually find the answer I need online via forums and people who use the product. They in general seem more helpful then calling for support.

The problem with vendor's tech support is the policies that the tech support staff are REQUIRED to follow. I have a current problem with Acrobat 8 Pro, which is "no longer supported" and found the well meaning and otherwise helpful tech agent at Adobe was not permitted (my word) to help me with it.

Al

My best/worst recollection of software support was a while ago . . . I was trying to print seps from Quark and my old Agfa Star rip was only giving us a composite output . . . called tech support - (In India) and told them I was having a problem printing . . . his response was "go to the menu bar at the top of the screen -
file and then down to print . . . " thats when I told him to have an American senior support person call me back.:)

at least half of the tech support I provide at Metrix/EFI has nothing to do with Metrix and is strictly IT related, source document related, or workflow (shop workflow).

I can tell you some bugs truly are "unintended features". But I can't discuss those for obvious reasons. ;)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back