solids cracking after creasing /folding

Similar issue with digital print solids cracking

Similar issue with digital print solids cracking

can anybody give some tips to avoid cracking of solids ptinted on the sheet when a)the sheet is folded on a folding machine b)when you do creasing/scoring on a machine and hand fold

Hi all,

Have an identical problem myself.

Have read through all of the posts (not all posts are relevant!)

Have read that the following suggestions may work:-

1) Paper type? Interesting!
Not heard much about this in UK - can someone post a UK supplier that could send samples out to me for testing?

2) Investing in machine parts... not an option for me due to small volume of digi work for folded items, just send out to a litho printer if needed.

3) Pre-creasing? Sounds like the best option.
It would have to be creased and not folded and then folded on a light fold afterwards.

Does this work well then with a big solid? No issues printing over the crease etc?

Just to add, the paper that I have used specifically designed for digi print, gloss/silk/ always cracks even when lightly hand folded.

Did invest in a tabletop manual creaser, works fine but takes far too long, especially for a tri-fold.

Thanks,
Mark.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back