spinner motor replacement

Dieudos123

Hello everybody,
please anybody can help me,on how to replace spinner motor?
In fact I replaced the spinner motor on avantra 30,but now the imagesetter screnning changed!I mean 2400dpi resolution screnning are not visible.any caribration is supposed to do after replacement?If possible I need help
I have Avdiag.
Thanks in advance.

Only BOL (start of line position) parameter needs to be readjusted in case of every step was performed correctly.

Last edited:
Dieudos123,

Have you tried to run a 4 by 1 exposure test from the control panel of the Avantra? Have you checked other cassettes to see if you 2400 dpi available?

STSTech

Hi,

STSTech and Vladcanada,thank you for your reply.
I tried to run a 4 by 1 exposure test from the control panel of the Avantra,but the 1800dpi and 2400dpi seem not to be clear.And about the BOL is it necessary to readjust?I thought it can use the previous.
The machine is avantra 30E it has no 3600dpi,and in the service manual
they say that to set BOL is better to use 3600dpi.Please any other advice?

Last edited:
Dieudos,

BOL needs to be checked and adjusted. Not a good practice to use old BOL setting.
You will also have to recal your exposure. Run exposure test get a good D max and 50% screen. Once you get that, you will have to adjust you cal curve if you are using calibration on your RIP.

STSTech

To recal...ibrate, not to recall :)
If the image of internal test looks like having "Foggy Edges" - that's bad signal for me: you killed Laser Driver Board (actually writing LD) by static discharge from your body.

Before you go replacing circuit boards, try this simple test. Take a piece of film and expose it to the daylight, or the lights in your room. Run the film though your processor.
Once the film is processed, take the film over to your densitometer,and take a reading of the black area. Most films today, will produce a D max reading of 5.45 to 5.65 when exposed to daylight. If you are not getting a reading in the high 5 area, you are having a
problem with,film, chemisty, or your processor.

STSTech

I need to see the imaged page, but I assume weak image with low density can be seen on the processed film. Get an internal test page for 1800 & 2400 dpi. If you see the the same problem on the test page, then the problem could be from SGM and the optomechanical assembly.LD defective?Grease the weak lens shaft gear? Possible focus problem? The beam was blocked or lens/filters were not on the right position, that should be during imaging process? Make sure the beam path is clear. Spinner issue? Did you adopt different spinner or SGM to the machine?Check them out. After all you know what have been done on the machine.
Bol can be aligned on 2400dpi and not necessarily on 3600dpi using AVDIAG, but your issue doesn't seem to be from Bol, or at least I assume you see the start and end of the image on the film on the fast scan direction for 1200i.If not alignment of BOL is absolutely necessary and should be done after spinner, SGM or to Opto-mechanical assys' component replacement.

Last edited:
Hi,
Thank you everybody for helping me!
Once I get on the machine,I will try to do all you told me because
I am not arround.

I need to see the imaged page, but I assume weak image with low density can be seen on the processed film. Get an internal test page for 1800 & 2400 dpi. If you see the the same problem on the test page, then the problem could be from SGM and the optomechanical assembly.LD defective?Grease the weak lens shaft gear? Possible focus problem? The beam was blocked or lens/filters were not on the right position, that should be during imaging process? Make sure the beam path is clear. Spinner issue? Did you adopt different spinner or SGM to the machine?Check them out. After all you know what have been done on the machine.
Bol can be aligned on 2400dpi and not necessarily on 3600dpi using AVDIAG, but your issue doesn't seem to be from Bol, or at least I assume you see the start and end of the image on the film on the fast scan direction for 1200i.If not alignment of BOL is absolutely necessary and should be done after spinner, SGM or to Opto-mechanical assys' component replacement.
You can go through all this, but practically, I always replaced SGM In the field to resolve the issue as friend of this forum Vlad has also mentioned this. Hopefully, you will find the issue elsewhere. Goodluck:)

Last edited:
Hi,
Farshad,thank you for your help.Now I am going to check SGM and
opto-mecanical assembly and try to Grease the weak lens shaft gear.And now I ask if SGM unity are the same for all avantra models 25,30 and 44?Can avantra 44 spinner work in avantra 30?
Thanks in advance.

Hi,
Farshad,thank you for your help.Now I am going to check SGM and
opto-mecanical assembly and try to Grease the weak lens shaft gear.And now I ask if SGM unity are the same for all avantra models 25,30 and 44?Can avantra 44 spinner work in avantra 30?
Thanks in advance.

I hope you have the manuals and the spare parts list. As far as I know you can't use SGM from Avantra 44 on Avantra 30E or I shouldn't recommend this here. Be really carful, LD is highly electrostatic sensitive. Ground your body with a piece of wire before touching the LD module.

Last edited:
My bet would be that when you put the new spin motor in, it isn't straight. It's probably slightly tilted in the holder, and so the laser is slightly out of focus, especially if it varies across the direction around the drum.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back