Spot colors and Pitstop remapping

TJ-421

I'm trying to create a pair of Pitstop actions that will remap an FPO spot color to a non-printing separation and back, and am finding that the same spot color with the same name and the same CMYK build is not being handled consistently depending on where the spot was generated.

For a bit of background: I've created a mark in SignaStation in spot color ProofColor (C:100 M:0 Y:100 K:0) that for some reason appears in the Signa-generated PDF only in wireframe view, with a stroke color identified as a 100% tint of "None (Non-printing)", alt. color space CMYK, alt. build 0:0:0:0. I added this None into the Pitstop color repository, as well as ProofColor from a test document I'd created. I also created my actions to remap None to ProofColor and vice versa, which works for any PDF output from Signa.

But when I try to apply those same actions to ProofColor from other documents with ProofColor created as a spot in Quark or InDesign (same CMYK build), ProofColor is unaffected. Is there some reason why ProofColor in the Pitstop repository should be somehow different from ProofColor output from my layout application?

I'm working out of Pitstop 7.52 in Acrobat Pro 8, if that's any difference. I appreciate any input!

-TJ

Hi,

Have you checked the color ColorProof with pitstop inspector? The color might have converted to cmyk when exported to pdf.

Bert

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back