SQL Data in Backstage

JzTP

is anyone experience the SQL data was full and slow down the Backstage server?
what should we do except for upgrading the SQL database.
you input are much appreciate.

Re: SQL Data in Backstage

Occasionally we have gotten warnings from Backstage's MSDE version of SQL that it has gotten more than 8 concurrent connections to the database. The MSDE version then throttles the throughput to the database and basically brings Backstage to a halt. Restarting the server fixes the issue, but this is very disruptive. Esko has been unable to explain how this can happen.

We will be upgrading to AE 10 soon. I don't believe the version of MS SQL that AE10 uses has this concurrent connection issue. Can anyone confirm this? We'll see how it goes!

is anyone experience the SQL data was full and slow down the Backstage server?
what should we do except for upgrading the SQL database.
you input are much appreciate.

It could be that you are using the MSDE database (the free version of MS SQL Server 2000) which (I believe) has a limit of 2Gb per database.

One option could be to upgrade to the SQL 2008 Express which is the new free version of SQL Server. I don't believe it has the same limit.

SQL Server 2008: Express

Check with Esko if it is compatible with your version of Backstage first (c:

maybe to late to answer.
But why is it filling up?
Do you have a lot of active jobs?
If so you should archive old jobs and remove them from the database

Apart from updating the version, you can take a backup of the same data and can use that in nay of the versions. there will be a .bck file of backup.

Printed Labels

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back