Square Spine instead of saddle stitch?

Does anyone have a square back unit? I believe there are a few kinds out there... duplo, watkiss, etc. Pro's and Con's?? Were you able to upsell your booklets with the square spine unit?

disclosure, I work for Ricoh.

Don't know about the other brands but the Plockmatic booklet maker with square fold outputs a very nice product that looks like it's perfect bound. They take up alot less space because they lay flat. Customers seem to like it a lot.

Changing Max Page count on Ricoh 901 Saddle Stitch

Changing Max Page count on Ricoh 901 Saddle Stitch

disclosure, I work for Ricoh.

Don't know about the other brands but the Plockmatic booklet maker with square fold outputs a very nice product that looks like it's perfect bound. They take up alot less space because they lay flat. Customers seem to like it a lot.

Is there any way to change the max page count in the Ricoh 901s to allow for printing and stitching thicker books inline? The plockmatic booklet maker can handle way more than the setting allowed in the Ricoh. We run a 3000 ct 44 page booklet every month on 80 Gloss, and the Ricoh won't let me print and saddle stitch inline. Why?!? The Plockmatic will stitch twice and many sheets as that offline when feeding manually.

I have already tried making "Custom Papers" with a thinner setting but using the same fuser temp as 80lb gloss, but it affects the paper in such a way that it will not feed properly into the plockmatic and causes constant jams! It's so frustrating. If I cut down the pages and run the paper as 80lb gloss, it will run all day every day without a single jam.

I have a Duplo (Watkiss) in-line with a DBM-500...very nice output quality, almost like a perfect bound. In my opinion it's a must have on thicker books.... however, I use it on almost all books just to improve the product and reduce packaging hassles.

We are thinking of adding the Xerox Square Fold Trimmer module to our press. Anyone have any experience with it?

I am no really looking to upsell. We more or less got it to make our job easier. This addon also trims the face and boollets now lay flat enough to trim stacks in a gillitine for top and bottom edge.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back