Statistics Don't Lie

Cory Smith

089-Statistics.png

Now, I understand why prepress and pressroom fight over color.
LOL

J

Anyone judging color should have to pass an annual color blindness test yet I've never heard of one being administered to anyone in a printing plant.

Last edited:
Now I know why I get the looks I do by other printers....I'm in the 1% class, but I've been doing it for 20 years!!;) And I must say I love PRINT PLANET!!!

Statistics don't lie. Very Funny.

Re:
Anyone judging color should have to pass an annual color blindness test yet I've never heard of one being administered to anyone in a printing plant.

Ball Metal Container used to do this when I was an in-plant ink technician there. That was years ago.

At my previous employer, we administered color blindness, and the Farnsworth-Munsell 100 hue test to all employees.

We did have a few employees who were color blind in the past. however, the people who scored the best on the F-M Hue test were most often the ones who visually evaluated color most frequently...press ops, color retouchers, QC. Those not in color-critical positions did less well... maybe because they didn't really care. ;)

Last edited:
Not color blind... the actual term you guys are referring to is color deficiency.
Color blind is actually seeing everything as gray!!! kinda crazy!

But ya, when it's color critical I let the ladies "advise" on color. It's true!

At my previous employer, we administered color blindness, and the Farnsworth-Munsell 100 hue test to all employees.

We did have a few employees who were color blind in the past. however, the people who scored the best on the F-M Hue test were most often the ones who visually evaluated color most frequently...press ops, color retouchers, QC. Those not in color-critical positions did less well... maybe because they didn't really care. ;)

Maybe the tests should be to see how close they are to the Standard Observer with the 2 degree view angle.

Tunnel vision required. :)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back