Still Fighting Some Actions

kaiserwilhelm

I am having a tremendous time trying to get the following.
Two page PDF
Both pages the same size
I want to :
SELECT P1
Select All
Copy (actually CUT)
SELECT P2
Paste

It just will not select P1 and P2 no matter what I do.
The goal is to take 2 pages and CUT the top of P1 and then PASTE that into P2 and then delete P1

Hi Kaiser,

Try this:

Select All
Select First Page
Cut objects to clipboard Page 1
Split Action List
Select Last Page
Paste objects from clipboard Page 1
Select First Page
Remove Page

Does this work?
pd

Hi Kaiser,

Try this:

Select All
Select First Page
Cut objects to clipboard Page 1
Split Action List
Select Last Page
Paste objects from clipboard Page 1
Select First Page
Remove Page

Does this work?
pd
I will try it later this weekend. I had never heard of Split Action List! That might just be exactly what I am looking for!

You don't actually need it here as you are pasting forward.
Split Action list is when you need to past backwards, ie last page to first page.

Screenshot 2022-04-30 at 01.09.02.png

Last edited:
You don't actually need it here as you are pasting forward.
Split Action list is when you need to past backwards, ie last page to first page.
Andrew. I am fighting this one HARD! I have a Switch going where I run the same PDF through three folders then an EAL on each. I get exactly what I want...but for the life of me I cannot get - 1 and -2 to assemble and merge PDf. If I can get that, I will then run an already made EAL against that and have a NEW P2. Then, I assemble P1 with the new P2 and buy someone a case of beer.
I am doing an assemble with numbers in the file name. It creates xxxx - 1 and xxxx - 2. But it just sits there in the assemble land all red!

If I go with one eat for two pages here is the issue I am hitting. I can manually select (do this to p1 ONLY) at the bottom of an EAL when I run it. Then, change it to P2 and run the second EAL.
BUT, no go with running EALS in Switch. I have to have it buttoned down.
So, if you see above, I have two paths. One is to get Pitstop to actually select the proper page and run the command on ONLY that page.
OR, get the darn separate pages to merge in Switch. I even downloaded the sample and am still not getting what I am doing wrong.

What does your look like?
Are you selecting pages like @prepressdork suggested?
At this point I think I would rather just use Switch.
PDF comes in
Goes two directions.
Renames as _Page 1 and _Page 2
Page 1 gets EAL XXX
Page 2 gets EAL YYY
I want to now merge the two pdfs together into one 2 page PDF
I assumed I would use Assemble Job and then Merge PDF?
Assemble Job I assumed I would use an inline of waiting for 2 to come in with a match name and then tell it that the unique is _Page
The Sample Job shown when I am writing the inline shows as 1 or 2 respectively. I thought that this meant, "Hey. Look for 2 pdfs to come in
Match their name up and until you hit _Page . Then when you see 2 of them, put them together into the next step - merge PDF?
THEN I would run my EAL already written that copies and pastes (and deletes out the second page) making everything just fine.

I have the Assemble working. I get two pages down into the Merge PDF but then it ends up as 2 pages. It is not merging them into one pdf?

Last edited:
I created this action, you could use and see step by step how works.
cheers

Attachments

• cut and paste.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 181

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back