Stochastic for flexo

Hello
Just wondering if any of you are successfully running stochastic dots using the flexo process, and perhaps what challenges you face and what the overall results are like compared conventional screening.

Hello, I am a student about to embark on a research project attempting to run stochastic dots by flexo, I was wondering if you had found any information on it thus far, I'll let you know when I find something.

Hello, I am a student about to embark on a research project attempting to run stochastic dots by flexo, I was wondering if you had found any information on it thus far, I'll let you know when I find something.

Extremely coarse FM screening has been used in flexo for many years on corrugated cartons - usually in one color printing.
Proper 4/c process using extremely fine FM screening has been tested and demonstrated around 2005 by Kodak. However, I don't believe any flexo printers are doing it commercially. I'd contact Kodak, someone either on the Flexcel NX plate system or the Spotless product. A copy of their defunct ONE magazine had its cover printed flexo using FM - maybe they could find a copy for you.

best, gordo

Rock Lobster,
We are currently doing 31um stochastic screening just as we would conventional screening for some of our customers. Gordo is correct, Kodak is capable of holding stochastic screening on their plate. I am with Splash Graphics, Inc. and we are using Kodak plates to print stochastic screens on flexo for some of our customers, If you would like to have further discussion feel free to contact me.

Regards,

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back