Text gets sent to back or invisible

jacquie_tr

I am using Quark 8. The issue I am having is that a lot of times when I drag an image (or copy/paste) in from one Quark file to my current one, sometimes it will send text that is on that page or surrounding pages (that are out of my screen view) to the back, under other artwork. I have tried to group my pages hoping that it would fix the issue but to no avail.
I really hope someone can help me with an answer or possible fix. In my 9 years in graphic design and cutting my layout teeth on Quark Xpress Passport 5.0 - I have never had this issue with Quark! Not at home or at any other job until this one, and no one else in the office seems to be having this issue. We have had techs for our Macs come in to reinstall but their knowledge of Quark is limited and no fix.

text gets sent to back...

text gets sent to back...

Hi,
I think what is probably happening is that the picture that you are dragging from one document to another has a runaround set. To check, select the picture box, select Item>Runaround (com-T) and make sure it is set to None. The default is usually Item, 1 pt which will cause your problem.
Hope this helps.

Mike

Hi,
You might check also the position of the pasted elements: over or below the old elements. Use F5 and Shift+F5 to move between the 'layers' and see what's happening.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back