The great thing about the corona virus

I wonder if this is a fair comparison to make as the full impact of the coronavirus death-wise has yet to be felt?

SNIP

I don't know if those realities and differences are captured well by just comparing death figures.

One can argue that death figures are key to responding to the Covid19 virus. If people get the virus but do not suffer the consequence - i.e. they get better/recover - then there is no need for a major response. I.e. No one is concerned about the impact of common cold other than the person who has the sniffles - even though the common cold causes approximately 4,500 deaths each year in the US.

Overall, the CDC estimates that 12,000 to 61,000 deaths occur annually since 2010 in the US that can be blamed on the (common) flu.
In the US during the 2017-2018 flu season there were 61,000 deaths.
During the 2018-2019 season there were 34,200 flu-related deaths.
The current total US coronavirus deaths is: 12,064

So, the number of coronavirus related deaths has a way to go in order to catch up with the past number of influenza deaths let alone exceed it. And we are entering the season when this class of virus typically disappears anyway.

Was the economy shut down during the 2017-2018 flu season? Nope.

Was the economy shut down during the 2018-2019 flu season? Nope.

Was the economy shut down during any flu season in the past 20 years? Nope.

Color me cynical about the Covid 19 response.

Perhaps, one question to ask is: who or what entity profits short and/or long term from this "pandemic"? I.e. Follow the money. You can start here: Is the CDC Sleeping With Drug Companies? You Decide... | Circle of Docs

Last edited:
And we are entering the season when this class of virus typically disappears anyway.

I get the impression that this virus is a lot more contagious than regular flu & colds and therefore the concern. Successful treatment still appears a bit touch & go as well. It can also be noted that many deaths had underlying issues - not so good health to begin with.
Anything involving politics, politicians, or associated can be viewed as skeptical & untrustworthy. I'd like to think most doctors are a level above.

Just had to stir up the pot again didn't you Gord ;)

Anything involving politics, politicians, or associated can be viewed as skeptical & untrustworthy. I'd like to think most doctors are a level above.

You must be a youngster - or have a short memory LOL

Vinatge-cigarette-ads.jpg

1.jpg

And they knew the risk of smoking at the time. When money talks integrity walks.

Just google/duckduck for doctors promoting cigarettes.

Just had to stir up the pot again didn't you Gord ;)

Guilty as charged!

Last edited:
Yeah, you've got me there. Short memory. I'd like to say youngster, except I can recall your CK days. That makes me ancient - but still not as old as you!
Now that you bring this up, there was a time when the welfare doctor of a pretty major city was one of the biggest drug dealers in town. Every morning there'd be a lineup of speed freaks waiting outside his office to score diet pills, specifically Preludin. We're reaching back to the 60's here. Yikes! I was young then :) By welfare doctor, he was the go to referral from the city to welfare recipients.
In more recent times there's been the whole opiate thing going on with doctors handing out handfuls of fentanyl. And who can forget the US government trading drugs for guns that pretty much kicked off the whole cocaine/crack epidemic . . .yeah, you got me good.

Here we have a fine gentleman who has taken the time to explain Covid-19 rather eloquently and in simple to understand language:

Unfortunately YouTube has removed the video and I can't find it anywhere on the interwebs :-(
Now, if he had only published his thoughts in printed form.....
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just a note, America has turned the virus into a race issue. More black and brown poverty stricken people are dying. Broken homes with single parents. Who would you hold accountable?

Just a note, America has turned the virus into a race issue. More black and brown poverty stricken people are dying. Broken homes with single parents. Who would you hold accountable?

If you look at the stats for diabetes, obesity, and high blood pressure among US citizens you'll find that non whites form the greater percentage of people with these issues. They also tend to receive a lower quality of care when accessing healthcare. People with those issues are, in turn, the people that are statistically more likely to succumb from this virus.
So, I guess there is a racial component to the disease which might inform the powers that be how medical resources should be directed.

Unfortunately YouTube has removed the video and I can't find it anywhere on the interwebs :-(
Now, if he had only published his thoughts in printed form.....

That's because you're a heathen. It's here, but you tube again so might be temporary:

If that doesn't work, go to the source:

That's because you're a heathen. It's here, but you tube again so might be temporary:

If that doesn't work, go to the source:

Thank you so much for that! I've downloaded it so I can study the pattern on his ja...I mean study the powerful message he's delivering! Why isn't the lamestream media reporting on the good pastor's straight from God information?

At least the US has a publicly open process for dealing with crises issues. I'm sure other countries have a similar process:

Last edited:
If you look at the stats for diabetes, obesity, and high blood pressure among US citizens you'll find that non whites form the greater percentage of people with these issues. They also tend to receive a lower quality of care when accessing healthcare. People with those issues are, in turn, the people that are statistically more likely to succumb from this virus.
So, I guess there is a racial component to the disease which might inform the powers that be how medical resources should be directed.
Gordo it is much deeper then what you purpose. Perhaps enlighten us with your suggestions. I will pass them on to my local medical & political experts. Right now in my major city we have 170 virus deaths and 50 murders so far in 2020. 2019 topped out at 399 shooting murders even with very strict gun control laws.

Gordo it is much deeper then what you purpose. Perhaps enlighten us with your suggestions. I will pass them on to my local medical & political experts.

I sense causticity. But I don't know which part of what I wrote has triggered it.

Right now in my major city we have 170 virus deaths and 50 murders so far in 2020. 2019 topped out at 399 shooting murders even with very strict gun control laws.

I don't know if there's a correlation between strict gun control laws and shooting murders. Maybe there is, maybe there isn’t. In any case, correlation isn't a useful tool to determine causation or the lack thereof.

There's a lot of science and articles saying otherwise, but I'm not going to waste my time arguing with someone who has already made up their mind.

Relative to your comment, a timely movie by Michael Moore has just been released on Youtube. It is about renewable energy. You might like it or...maybe not.

Here is a link:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back