Toner "bursts"

I'm sure this is a stupid question, but can anyone tell me why we're getting this "bursting" of toner in rules (see attached pic)? You can change the paper settings in the DFE or change paper stock and it doesn't make any difference. Moisture? Static? Would be thrilled to get rid of it.

Attachments

• BlackBursts_1.jpg
    BlackBursts_1.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 156
I think I've gotten that (been a while if I have) and I think changing the image transfer voltage fixed it?

If it's happening on different paper stock & settings, are you sure it's not in your art?
Yes, positive, it does it on different files and has been doing it for the nine months I've been operating the machine (so to answer Shawnd as well the charge rollers have all been changed multiple times). Never seen it on text or big solids, only on a fine line on a white background (both black only and colour).

Static was what was causing the issue when I had it printing in the Winter time, but I also saw it with a bad charge roller on my Black.

I have only seen this on my 7110sx, I have not had it on the 7200. What is your tech saying about it?

Static was what was causing the issue when I had it printing in the Winter time, but I also saw it with a bad charge roller on my Black.

I have only seen this on my 7110sx, I have not had it on the 7200. What is your tech saying about it?
I've not discussed it with support (it sort of pops up now and again on a certain type of job and if the engineer's in you've got something more urgent to discuss). If it is static how are we getting around it? Image transfer voltage as suggested above?

I've not discussed it with support (it sort of pops up now and again on a certain type of job and if the engineer's in you've got something more urgent to discuss). If it is static how are we getting around it? Image transfer voltage as suggested above?
What is your operating humidity? If it's too low that can cause static problems. I had to buy some big ol' industrial humidifiers for our shop. We currently use two of them that put 1/gal/hour into the air each, and our shop is only ~1500sqft. Keeps our humidity at 35-40% though instead of 15-20%.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back